Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free Speech Being Removed by Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Microsoft
(06-02-2016, 11:23 AM)BIAD Wrote: Oddly enough, I've just written about a possible connection
to this discussion!
Sneaky Windows 10...

Great post in that thread! It's not about eschewing the technology, because you may be throwing the baby out with the bath water. There is a value in being connected, but it's a two-edged sword that can cut both ways. I prefer to keep it close, where I can watch it with a squinted eye, like that big spider up in the corner of the ceiling. If I scare it off, there's no telling where it goes or what it gets up to, or when it might sneak back up on me when I'm not looking, but if it's right there where I can see it, then I know what it's up to, and when it might attack.

The internet and the spider also both have beneficial aspects - the internet can educate, and the spider rids me of other undesirable bugs... but both need to be watched, their habits and mannerisms, how they operate in ways that may help or hurt catalogued. By watching the internet, I learn how it influences opinion. Not only do i learn what to watch for, I learn how to counter it. With the spider, I learn how it moves, how fast it can move, and what routes it may prefer to sneak up on me, again I learn how it works and how to counter it.

There's probably a reason it's called "the world wide web.

With this disturbing maneuver by the EU, I see a weapon being constructed to be used, it is claimed, "for good" which is also designed to do great harm when it is turned against the very people who it was claimed to be protecting (that would be US), many of whom I fear will support it with all their heart, secure in the knowledge that Big Brother is looking out for them... however false that sense of security may be. It was not lost on me that in one part of the article, the EU claimed to be "partnering" with these tech giants, yet in another the EU claimed it "ordered" these companies to clean up the internet. Do "partners" really issue ORDERS to each other? I think not - issuing orders implies a master-slave relationship, not a partnership.

This development, in company with the information I posted concerning Windows 10 and "the internet of things" in the posts above yours in the Windows 10 thread added  together does not bode well for us, considering that Microsoft is one of the "partners" mentioned as having been given orders by the EU (and 95% or so of the computers in the world are operated by Microsoft)... but there is another disturbing aspect as well.

"Cleaning up the internet" has implications for not just the EU, but for the entire world- - it's a world wide web, as I mentioned before, not just limited to the confines of EU borders. Why can the EU not just do as China does, erect a Great Firewall, and police their own turf with an iron fist? What gives them the right to clean up MY house, or yours, or Ivan Ivanovich's house in Russia, or Jesus Ochoa's house in Argentina?

A potential clue is the rampant Globalism being promoted in the US, and much of the rest of the world. I fight against globalism, Trump and Sanders both fight against globalism, but the globalists are here trying to add a powerful new tool to their arsenal. It's not just the EU - although this bold step lays squarely on their shoulders - It's a globalist's wet dream to be able to control everyone, everywhere...

... and the EU is just testing the waters here to see how hard it will be to make that fly.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Speech Being Removed by Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Microsoft - by Ninurta - 06-03-2016, 03:33 AM