Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it me or is this world getting crazier by the minute..?
IMO, the issue stems back to HOME and lack of parenting.

Gone are the days of being punished, spanked only to be replaced with the stupid time-out crap. 
Now they run amok in retail stores/restaurants and Moms allow it, like its a giant daycare center.

Gone are the days of giving chores to kids, which help build character.
Now parents don't want to overwhelm them with work, hence they don't do squat.

Gone are the days of curfews and not giving in to their every whim.
Now kids do as they please and parents buy them the expensive phones/ipads etc etc

Remember when you were told NO??? It actually meant something.
It meant NO....and don't you dare throw a temper tantrum.
Which they do now, and usually get their way.
All because the parents don't want to "hurt their feelings"....oh sheesh, how many times have I heard that one.

Gone are the days where parents were EMBARRASSED and ashamed when the teacher told them their kid was acting up in class or their grade was slipping.
Now you have parents yell at the teacher, blaming them.

As I said, it starts at home.

On another topic, I can remember a few years ago, it was a MOM who bullied a teenage girl on FB over a boy that her daughter liked.
Long story short, the bullied girl killed herself. 

Never knew what happened to the MOM.......... but this is the kind of environment that kids are being brought up in.
So if they see Mom and/or Dad bullying someone, talking trash about them, they will pick up the same kind of bad manners and think it normal. And repeat said bad behavior.

Then we have the school system.
Colleges especially...........but that is another issue indeed.

Anyhow, if not careful, this leads up to entitlement. Which clearly exists today.

Impolite, unmannerly snowflake kids who expect shit to be given to them. 
They think they are special.
And are offended if you even look in their direction. A bit of an exaggeration, but not by much.

Oh my, I could go on and on.......smh

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it me or is this world getting crazier by the minute..? - by senona - 04-02-2018, 01:55 AM