Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Gunman takes hostages' at supermarket in France.
With the media and Trebes residents praising Police officer Lt-Col Arnaud Beltrame -who exchanged himself for a hostage in
the French Supermarket seige that ultimately cost him his life, there was a comment that caught my eye regarding the Islamic
violence that Europe is currently dealing with.

This vile piece of shit also killed three other people in his jihadist crusade and one wonders when when it will all end.
We have this banal attitude that Police Officers are expected to put themselves in harms-way, but I think we never really appreciate
these heroes who guard our lives until that ultimate sacrifice is made. In these turbulent days, that's just plain wrong.

But what I find strange is the resigned attitude Europeans -and maybe even all the first world, has in regards of perceiving the
situation of the sanctioned inavasion of a violent ideology.
The BBC reported "It was the worst jihadist attack under Emmanuel Macron's presidency...."

The worst. Not the first or an alarming increase, just the worst... to date.
Forgive my dark humour, but it almost sounds as if somewhere, a league table is established and updated to see who's winning.

However, what caught my eye and brought home the realisation that slayings in Europe in the name of Allah are as tradtional as
croissants, sauerkraut and Wimbledon, was this one:

Quote:"...Khadija, a 52-year-old restaurant owner, said she was shocked by what had occurred.
"We thought this only happened in big towns," she told the AFP news agency..."
SOURCE:

In a small town where the Super-U store chief butcher chatted to a Builder about the ways of the world, where Police Officers
jogged the quiet roads of a Southern French town and a retired wine-maker took a ride to Carcassonne, the terrible horror of what
a restaurant owner believed only happened in 'big towns' became part of Trebes' history.

Anyone remember when France was stereotyped by a moustached-gent riding a bicycle, wearing a beret and having a medallion of
onions laid against his horizontally-striped jumper? I wonder how those outside of Europe will perceive France ten years from now?
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Gunman takes hostages' at supermarket in France. - by Wallfire - 03-23-2018, 12:43 PM
RE: 'Gunman takes hostages' at supermarket in France. - by BIAD - 03-25-2018, 10:33 AM
RE: 'Gunman takes hostages' at supermarket in France. - by Wallfire - 03-25-2018, 02:02 PM
RE: 'Gunman takes hostages' at supermarket in France. - by Wallfire - 03-30-2018, 09:22 AM
RE: 'Gunman takes hostages' at supermarket in France. - by Wallfire - 03-31-2018, 05:08 PM
RE: 'Gunman takes hostages' at supermarket in France. - by Wallfire - 04-02-2018, 07:40 PM