Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yes, You Are A Snowflake.....
(12-06-2018, 10:40 PM)BIAD Wrote: In the age of sensitivity, we have to be careful because apparently, the faggots don't like it.

Quote:Fury as 'snowflake' student editor demands 'faggot' removed from Fairytale of New York

Daily Star:

tinylaughing

That right there is some funny shit! I have to wonder why they did not protest the very name of the song as well - after all, it's titled "FAIRYtale of New York"!

Now, continuing in my normal mode of brutal honesty, I've some gay friends at work - two lesbians, recently married and pregnant (I'm not about to ask how that happens, 'cause I'm pretty sure I don't want to know) have "adopted" me as a surrogate dad - for them, not the kid, because he needs a grand dad and I'm an old guy - to the point that folks at the site are asking me "is that really your daughter?"... and I always grin and say yes. Another guy, whom I've sworn to defend if Trump and Pence stormtroopers ever come to put him in a "re-education camp" that gays were so worried about after the election - makes no bones about his orientation, and is one of the funniest people I ever met. Once I mentioned to him that I was "just a lesbian trapped in a man's body", and without missing a beat he replied "well, you DO wear a lot of plaid!"

So I'm no stranger to the gay community, and I argued hard in favor of their ability to get married just like everyone else... although I was mystified by their desire to do so. Still. misery loves company, and the more the merrier, and at that point in my life, which was before my current marriage (but I had already ran through 3 other marriages), I was pretty convinced that the end of all marriages was misery, so why not let them in on it just like us straight folks?

So with that said - and I've not mentioned all of them by any means - NONE of the gay folks of my acquaintance are dense enough to not be able to ferret out the meaning of the line in the song, or it's title, nor are they clueless enough to not be able to figure out that it's not aimed at them.

If they were that easily offended, I'm pretty sure they would have killed me by now, on account of that stubborn brutal honesty streak I carry around, and the fact that I am an asshole, and entirely devoid of filters.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Yes, You Are A Snowflake..... - by guohua - 12-24-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Yes, You Are A Snowflake..... - by Wallfire - 12-25-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: Yes, You Are A Snowflake..... - by Ninurta - 12-26-2017, 03:00 AM
RE: Yes, You Are A Snowflake..... - by senona - 12-29-2017, 03:33 AM
RE: Yes, You Are A Snowflake..... - by Ninurta - 12-29-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Yes, You Are A Snowflake..... - by senona - 12-29-2017, 08:46 AM
RE: Yes, You Are A Snowflake..... - by BIAD - 06-22-2018, 02:11 PM
RE: Yes, You Are A Snowflake..... - by Wallfire - 06-22-2018, 02:34 PM
RE: Yes, You Are A Snowflake..... - by BIAD - 11-05-2018, 11:43 AM
RE: Yes, You Are A Snowflake..... - by BIAD - 12-06-2018, 10:40 PM
RE: Yes, You Are A Snowflake..... - by Ninurta - 12-08-2018, 09:15 AM