Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Weirdest Thing
I wanted to put this out there to see what you folks think. I had the strangest thing happen to me several years back, and I still can't really get my head around it. I know what I THINK happened, because I was there and going through it, but I'm still not certain. Anyway, here goes...

I was on my way out of the neighborhood I lived in at the time, and sitting at a red light waiting to make a left turn. Two streets crossed, so picture a plus sign, if you will. I was at the "south" end, stopped for the light, and another car pulled up to my right, or to the "east" side of the intersection. He stopped when the light turned red for him, so when I got the green light, I creeped out into the intersection.

This intersection is sort of high, too, and the "west" side of the intersection is downhill from my perspective. You can't see very far. From the perspective of someone coming UP the hill, however, you've got a clear shot of the traffic light. As is my habit, I looked left and saw nothing, looked right and the car over there was sitting still, so I glanced back left again as I pulled out.

I saw an old van hurtling toward me, the driver either not paying attention OR having every intention of running the light. I tried to stomp on the brakes, but it seemed like my car was rolling ever so slowly into the intersection. I remember even putting both feet on the brake pedal and pushing as hard as I could, but I was still rolling. I panicked and screamed "OH GOD, OH GOD!" as I pictured my head slamming into the partially rolled down window on my driver's side. Squeezing my eyes shut hard, I braced as well as I could for the impact. In my mind I imagined my car spinning around from the impact as well. 

Nothing happened, so I opened my eyes. The van was speeding away on my right side, having passed somehow through the intersection without hitting me. Problem is, there was a car on that side of the road, taking up the other lane, and I was all the way out into the road. There was no room for a motorcycle to pass through, much less a van. At the high rate of speed, there was no way for him to have somehow swerved to avoid me either.

Also, I noticed the driver of the other car to my right was staring straight ahead, seemingly unaware of what had just happened. My car was now at a dead standstill, so I pulled on out into the road and made my turn. I continued on my merry way, although it was a good twenty minutes to a half hour before I could breathe right! I was actually on my way to a reading from a psychic friend, and when I arrived he did a double take and said, "Wow, you sure are out of sync with today's energies!" We didn't really discuss it any other than that.

I have heard people talk about time shifts, or time slips, and for a long time I thought maybe that was what happened to me. Others have described seeing the faint image of the oncoming car just drift through their car, like a mist, and continue harmlessly on its way. That made sense at the time, but I've settled on another possible answer. After puzzling about it for years, I believe I experienced a bit of divine intervention.

So now my question to all of you... have you had a similar experience yourself, or know of anyone who has? 

Saywhat

Messages In This Thread
The Weirdest Thing - by Spirit Scribe - 12-15-2017, 05:55 AM
RE: The Weirdest Thing - by guohua - 12-15-2017, 06:26 AM
RE: The Weirdest Thing - by BIAD - 12-15-2017, 02:52 PM
RE: The Weirdest Thing - by Mystic Wanderer - 12-15-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: The Weirdest Thing - by guohua - 12-15-2017, 09:30 PM