Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Man Dies after Police Shooting - Portishead UK
My understanding is that...
The car was followed and then pulled over by the Police.
2 officers approached the car and were then seen to "back off"...
They then drew weapons and advanced on the car again, then opened fire, shooting at least 10 times.
The occupant of the car was then taken out of the car and they tried to resuscitate him.
A Handgun can be seen, placed on the roof of the car.

My best guess is that...
The car was being followed for a reason. (Maybe was identified as being used for crime? Armed Robbery? Burglary? something of that nature.) The cops pulled it over... the occupant pulled out a handgun... the officers retreated, regrouped, drew their own weapons and advanced to disarm the individual. He didn't heed their warnings and was shot.

Seems like the most likely scenario to me.
I haven't seen much more about it yet....

G

EDIT to add:
They've added this info to the link since I last checked...

Quote:A police spokesman said: "Earlier this morning we received calls from concerned members of the public travelling on the M5 who reported they had seen a man in a car with a handgun.
"The vehicle left the motorway at junction 19 and officers stopped the car on the A369 known as the Portbury Hundred.
"Shots were subsequently fired in an incident involving police firearms and a man has died.

So, it looks like he pulled his gun (or flashed it threateningly) at another motorist, who reported it to Police, who then pulled him over and dealt with it?)
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Man Dies after Police Shooting - Portishead UK - by Wallfire - 09-27-2017, 06:43 PM
RE: Man Dies after Police Shooting - Portishead UK - by Wallfire - 09-27-2017, 06:56 PM
RE: Man Dies after Police Shooting - Portishead UK - by gordi - 09-27-2017, 09:46 PM
RE: Man Dies after Police Shooting - Portishead UK - by Wallfire - 09-28-2017, 12:38 AM