Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Social media harnessed to expose white nationalists at rally
(08-16-2017, 02:47 AM)Spirit Scribe Wrote: About misidentification, the problem is once people get an idea of something in their heads, no matter if it's wrong or right, they tend to become a bulldog with a bone. Nothing will tempt them to change their carved-in-stone ideas, even if the facts were not right to begin with. Emotionally charged people don't care about facts, they become like vampires, feeding off the chaos and desperately searching for more. They will do anything to keep that high going, even if it means coming up with "creative facts" or downright lies to fan the flames.

That's the real danger. An emotionally charged event like this affects people and their beliefs right down to their core. Once the real violence begins, it's going to be like a runaway train. When all is said and done, too many lives will be forever changed, or lost forever, and to what? Stupidity. This scares me to the point of thinking I'd better get ready to defend my life if it comes down to it. I'm going to do what millions of people are no doubt doing in response to this whole mess... PRAY. I'm going to pray for cooler heads to prevail... for anger on all sides to be calmed by patience... for community leaders to  be inspired by wisdom... for love to become the meditation of the day... and for God to have mercy on us all.

Crying

I do pray with you..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Social media harnessed to expose white nationalists at rally - by 1984hasarrived - 08-15-2017, 09:34 PM
RE: Social media harnessed to expose white nationalists at rally - by 1984hasarrived - 08-15-2017, 11:17 PM
RE: Social media harnessed to expose white nationalists at rally - by 1984hasarrived - 08-15-2017, 11:16 PM
RE: Social media harnessed to expose white nationalists at rally - by Grace - 08-16-2017, 04:00 AM