Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Confederate statue toppled in North Carolina during anti-racism rally.
(08-16-2017, 08:49 AM)BIAD Wrote:
Quote:'...Sheriff’s deputies recorded the event but did not intervene as a protester climbed a ladder amid
applause and chants and slipped a yellow, bungie-like cord around the soldier’s head and arm...'
NINURTA'S SOURCE:

Curious...? I find it odd that the old adage 'prevention-is-better-than-cure' wasn't applied here!

Well, I've actually worked with some of those deputies in Durham, back before "The Troubles" that saw me either either ejected from or fleeing from North Carolina (which one it is depends on who is telling the story). That's where I lived when we had our phone conversation.

Anyhow, "working closely with" does not give me the right to second-guess them, but I'm going to give an opinion of the rationale anyhow, because that's what I do - it's my "thing".

My best guess (and it's only a guess) is that the reasoning was "it's easier to arrest them one by one at our leisure than it is to face an overwhelming and outnumbering angry mob all at once". If you ever notice, the constabulary always seeks to be on the side of numbers whenever entering a fray. If they don't have the numbers to concentrate force and overwhelm the mob, then their choices are limited. they either A) get their asses handed to them and suffer a defeat, or B) have to open fire on said angry mob, which carries it's own set of defeats when the press and the likes of BLM, ANTIFA, Workers World Party, etc get a-hold of it and spin it up for the press.

Some times, in these interesting games, "the only way to win is not to play" until YOU have the numbers on your side for a concentration of force.

That's my best guess, anyhow. Take it for what it's worth - my opinion will get one a cup of coffee at McDonalds if you add $1.30 to it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confederate statue toppled in North Carolina during anti-racism rally. - by Ninurta - 08-17-2017, 06:42 AM