Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DNA Analysis for Family History
(07-28-2017, 12:18 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I'm glad you found such comfort from knowing your ancestry. That's a good thing to know.

However, I guess I'm just too much of a conspiracy theorist to trust a DNA test. What I see is the Powers That Be using these tests to see who will live and who will die at some point in the future. In other words, if your DNA isn't pure enough... good-bye. minusculehello 

There are too many things in DNA that I don't want in the hands of the government, and DNA tells EVERYTHING about us.
No, thanks. minusculenonono

There's another test, about $200, that shows all of your medical markers. I'm thinking that's the one the "powers that be" would like to see. Besides, how do we know that our routine blood tests at the doctor's office haven't been swabbed for DNA analysis already without our knowledge? After it leaves our sight there's no telling where it goes. I remember reading somewhere years ago that all blood samples were routinely screened for HIV for years without the patient's knowledge. Worse yet, if it came back positive the doctors weren't allowed to tell their patients because they never asked for consent.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DNA Analysis for Family History - by guohua - 07-28-2017, 05:13 AM
RE: DNA Analysis for Family History - by Spirit Scribe - 07-29-2017, 01:36 AM
RE: DNA Analysis for Family History - by BIAD - 07-28-2017, 05:47 PM
RE: DNA Analysis for Family History - by Daitengu - 08-19-2017, 11:29 AM