Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just How Safe Are Carnival Rides?
Here is another story in the news where one was killed and several others injured when a ride malfunctioned at Columbus, OH.
I've seen several more stories lately, although I don't have the articles to link to.

This is why I don't get on these things anymore; they don't make them like they used to.

[Image: c10051ba39c6a18fb266d2defaac682d]

Oh, my gosh! Imagine being on that when suddenly the seat flies off and you go frying through the air, knowing you are probably going to be meeting your death?!   mediumnotlooking

Quote:At least one man has died and seven others were injured when an amusement ride at the Ohio State Fair malfunctioned Wednesday evening on the fair's opening day.
Battalion Chief Steve Martin, a spokesman for the Columbus Fire Division, said some of the victims were thrown from the Fire Ball ride during the incident at approximately 7:20 p.m.
Gov. John Kasich said in a statement he has "ordered a full investigation into this incident and have ordered that all fair rides be shut down until additional safety inspections can be completed."
One man was thrown high into the air and landed on the ground about 50 feet from the ride, Martin said. He was killed on impact.

Source

I saw a discussion on FB from a person who was on the ride when this happened. She said the man working the ride had put her in that seat, but couldn't get the bar to lock, so he moved her to the other side. He said no one should be put in that seat.  When he went on break, another man came, but did put people in the seat.. the one that ended up killing the man.
If he was told not to do that, there could be charges brought up against him personally, not to mention the carnival owners.

According to the person making the FB post, it was an 18 yr. old female who died.

If I ever do ride another carnival ride, I'll stick to the horse merry-go-round. tinybiggrin

Messages In This Thread
Just How Safe Are Carnival Rides? - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-27-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: Just How Safe Are Carnival Rides? - by guohua - 07-27-2017, 08:51 PM
RE: Just How Safe Are Carnival Rides? - by BIAD - 07-27-2017, 09:16 PM