Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Britain getting Screwed
Quote:Do you think that the UK Govt. is in cahoots with Musk/Tesla Phil?
or the electric vehicle industry in general?
or are they sending a signal to... The Oil Industry? OPEC? The Middle East? Russia?

I honestly think that the media announced this in the manner they did and the time they did because of the
instructions they were given.
The explanation I gave above, was just to show how this stuff arrives, seen as column-filling material and then
issued out as if it was one voice across many mediums.

The reason why it's been seemingly dumped on us like this in the UK may be a bit more complex and I agree that
maybe it is some-sort of message to OPEC, although I have no idea what for.

Quote:They do realise that all of these "clean" electric vehicles use electricity that is produced in very unclean power stations right?
The power stations that burn fossil fuels themselves.... or create stockpiles of nuclear waste for our grand-kids to "enjoy"?

I noticed that as the story unfolded, the media rhetoric changed to a more benevolent tone and 'useful' explanations were
offered to ease the fevered brow of the motorist!
Things like:

*Only new cars with a conventional petrol or diesel engine will be banned from sale from that date.
That means hybrid cars — those with petrol-electric and diesel-electric engines — of which there
are already millions on Britain’s roads, including the Toyota Prius, will still be permitted.
They are not considered ‘conventional’ in the conventional sense by Whitehall. (Excuse me?!)

*Due to bullshittery regarding emissions targets, it's seen as a way out from discussing how the
Government urged the British public to buy diesel-vehicles because they were 'healthier'... when
actually, they weren't!

*Any of these existing petrol and diesel cars will be able to be bought and sold as used cars, until they
reach the end of their lives.

*For all-electric cars, ministers are promising a charging point every 20 miles on major roads.

*This week, the German giant BMW announced they will build the electric Mini at its Oxford plant.
BMW, like Jaguar Land Rover, is investing heavily in electric and hybrid technology.

In regards of fuelling the power stations, it could be that the US have promised to sell the UK the coal from all the mines they're
reopening. It could be that we increase our import of coal from Russia. Afterall, we're the largest import of energies in Europe
and I'm sure nothing can go wrong when we depend on other countries to keep our lights on!!
(Insert face-palm here)

Seriously, I think by the time we get even close to this date, the non-market-driven policy will be so watered-down, it may be just
left at the road-side for those who want to save the whale because they have a tape of their singing... in their petrol-driven car.

There's a lot of 'hoping' when it comes to the evolution of power-cell technology and remember, it's only banning the manufacturers
of diesel-fuelled cars from selling them. There's some subtle wiggle-room in that decision, this 'ban' doesn't encroach on the public's
rights, it's just trying to persuade the public to accept a product in the marketplace.

Micheal Gove said there'll be a ten-year 'phasing-out' period for combustion engines... the current Government will be long gone
by then and he'll be retired...! It's a load of bullshit! Do you think European tourists coming throught the Chunnel will have to buy
an electric car or swap their own for an electric one that's sittting in a car-park in Kent?!

What about the new Rolls-Royce Phantom VIII that was unveiled recently...? Do you think they'll stop making them?
(By the way, the Tesla Model 3 came out at the same time!)

Attempting to restrain my cynicism, this is a piece of edtiorial sh*t mass-produced because most of the 'big boys' in Journalism
are on holiday. It could have merit in regards of some type of chess manoeuvres in Brexit or it could even fall under the heading
of 'Silly Season' annoyance.

The geography of the capital city and the burden Councils will have to endure of managing all of this with all the logistics offers
an insight to the lack of planning in the story itself! Personally, I'd have plumped for the Loch Ness Monster photo of frolicking
seals in the Dornoch Firth!

I was once required to make a graphic showing a particular favoured 'fact' of the readers of the newspaper where I worked
and the number I was given was 32%. The chap in charge of such projects looked at the design and then told me to increase
the percentage to 42% because it looked healthier.
So it may not pay to believe everything as the gospel-truth in those rags!

Quote:Hey, maybe they're planning to marginalise the rest of the UK even further by moving all of the major towns & cities to within 50
miles of the M25 and London? HS2 and Crossrail would make sense then! and the electric cars would be able to actually reach
their destinations without grinding to a halt...

They could build a nice big wall to keep out the Mexicans "other" UK residents, and rename the country "Londland".

I wonder which top UK Govt. officials are on the official "waiting list" (wink wink) for a Tesla?
Now, THAT would be interesting!

One can only pray that Londinium becomes it's own country. It has it's own broadcasting company and maybe... just maybe,
it's a dumb-assed way of stopping the peasants from visiting London because of the power-cell problem.
It's dumb-assed, because all they had to do was ask us if we'd like to visit. I think you know the answer, Big Man!!!
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Britain getting Screwed - by guohua - 07-26-2017, 01:42 AM
RE: Britain getting Screwed - by gordi - 07-26-2017, 04:59 PM
RE: Britain getting Screwed - by BIAD - 07-26-2017, 07:04 PM
RE: Britain getting Screwed - by guohua - 07-26-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: Britain getting Screwed - by BIAD - 07-26-2017, 09:39 PM
RE: Britain getting Screwed - by BIAD - 07-26-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Britain getting Screwed - by BIAD - 07-27-2017, 09:04 AM
RE: Britain getting Screwed - by gordi - 07-27-2017, 11:46 AM
RE: Britain getting Screwed - by BIAD - 07-27-2017, 01:01 PM