Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Internet Neutrality
I can appreciate concerns of an information conduit that purveys data such as real names
and addresses for the express intent of ridicule, physical injury or harassment.

I also understand that if information is provided on a website is put there with the wish
to physically effect a community of any kind, it should be deleted and a law enforcement
agency should be notified about those who posted the information.

But ideas, points of view and political leanings should never be dragged into a position where
feelings of it's viewers/readers should be taken into consideration.

I don't look for websites where goats are dressed-up as humans and... nothing happens.
If physical harm was happening to the goats, then fair enough and there's a law against it,
close it down.

If you -Mystic had a different view of life to myself and were unable to find any middle ground,
then we or one of us would no longer debate or we would leave the site.
As long as no 'real-world' physical harm was being supported by either site-member, then it would
be merely the difference of opinions that we all hold, that was a negative.

A person using the internet doesn't have to watch Alex Jones or any other websites that discuss
and provide alternative news, there is such a thing as self-responsibility.

If one side says something and another faction says the opposite, one can be right or wrong and
both can be right or wrong. It's the forum of debate where real progress is made, not by shutting
down websites because a certain section of society doesn't agree with them.

That's the act of oppression and I would add that it's also an indicator that the oppressor's view
may be doubtful.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Internet Neutrality - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-13-2017, 06:04 PM
RE: Internet Neutrality - by BIAD - 07-13-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: Internet Neutrality - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-13-2017, 09:52 PM
RE: Internet Neutrality - by BIAD - 07-13-2017, 09:55 PM