Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peter Smith Dead After Trying to Recover Missing Clinton Emails
Just throwing it out there, but I think this is completely plausible to play a game of switch-a-roo:

Quote:Hackers believed to be Russian discussed how to steal Hillary Clinton's emails from her private server and transfer them to Michael Flynn via an intermediary...
Quote:One of those intermediaries, according to The Journal, may have been a GOP operative named Peter Smith — an 80-year-old opposition researcher who assembled a team of technology experts, lawyers and a Russian-speaking investigator in September to track down hacking groups with access to the 33,000 emails Clinton deleted from her private server that she said were personal in nature.

So we have a guy working to look for emails that HRC deleted. He's tracking down a hacker (believed to be Russian) and planning to relay his findings to Flynn...

Quote:Smith cited a working relationship with Flynn's consulting firm, Flynn Intel Group, when trying to recruit new team members, The Journal reported. And he told Eric York, an expert on computer security from Atlanta who searched the hacker forums on his behalf, that he was "talking to Michael Flynn" about the project and to let him know if he found anything, according to The Journal.

Quote:But one of the people Smith appears to have tried to recruit, Matt Tait, relayed his interactions with Smith in a first-person blog post for Lawfare published on Friday night — and noted that  "it was immediately apparent that Smith was both well connected within the top echelons of the [Trump] campaign and he seemed to know both Lt. Gen. [Michael] Flynn and his son well." 

Linky 1

Linky 2

So here we have a guy who is a (self-professed I might add) "inside guy" with the Trump Campaign. He's looking for emails (I get it, those horrible emails) and is coordinating with Cabinet Level staff at the White House all of his findings. Let's say he found something. For the sake of argument I don't care much what the subject is, but let's say it's dirt of HRC / Clinton Foundation. Like serious "smoking gun" dirt. 

This dirt would tend to grease the wheels of the crowd who thinks there may have been collusion between the Trump Campaign and the Russians. And the elephant in the room when it comes to that is Mike Flynn, the same Mike Flynn who:

Quote:The former national security adviser is under FBI scrutiny and has asked for immunity from prosecution from the bureau and the congressional intelligence committees in exchange for the freedom to tell his story.

(see linky 1 above)

Now, what story did he report to the WSJ? What if the heat was on him so he went to the WSJ to spill the beans. NOT on the emails, what he found, learned, etc., but on the collusion between a world power and man / campaign who CRAVES world power?

Quote:In the days since Republican operative Peter W. Smith was first identified by the Wall Street Journal as having been a mysterious key player in the Trump-Russia election collusion scandal, more evidence is surfacing about Smith’s role – and his life in general. Smith died just ten days after the WSJ spoke with him. But it’s another contemporaneous event that’s now garnering more attention.

Quote:According to his obituary, Peter W. Smith died on May 14th of this year (link). That means he spoke with the WSJ on May 4th. So what happened in between those two dates? On May 9th, Donald Trump took his biggest, boldest shot at trying to end the Trump-Russia collusion investigation by controversially firing FBI Director James Comey. How does all of this fit together? Three hypothetical scenarios come to mind.

So Trump Fires Comey to try and put the smoldering fire out and 5 days later one of the (alleged) KEY players involved in shuffling this collusion around shows up dead?

Quote:The first and most straightforward is that Smith was eighty-one years old and he coincidentally died of natural causes shortly after he spoke with the reporter. But what are the odds he just happened to drop dead right after speaking with a reporter about his role in the political conspiracy of the century? We’re still seeking his certificate of death, which is complicated by state law in Illinois, where Smith lived and died.

I personally believe this but that's just me ^^^

Quote:The second scenario is that Smith knew he was dying, and this was some sort of attempt at a deathbed confession. But if so, he didn’t tell the WSJ reporter that he was dying, and he doesn’t appear to have given away his full story. In fact the WSJ only ended up belatedly publishing the Smith story last week after UK based cybersecurity expert Matt Tait read a related headline about Michael Flynn and concluded that he should come forward with the fact that Smith had tried and failed to recruit him during the election.

It could be, but who knows?

My favorite theory however:

Quote:The third scenario – which may be difficult to swallow on its face – is that after Smith began talking to a reporter about his role in the Trump-Russia collusion scandal, someone had him killed before he could keep talking. Vladimir Putin appears to have had several people murdered who were involved in the scandal, though none of them were Americans. But this does take us back to the fact that, just five days after Smith started squealing about his collusion role with Michael Flynn, Trump fired Comey in an attempt at preventing the investigation going further – and another five days after that, Smith was dead.

Now THERE is the juicy stuff  tinycool tinycool

The Litvinenko treatment  minusculebeercheers

Linky 3

The point of my post is that there are always two sides to the story. You can't prove mine and I can't prove yours. What I WILL say is that when seemingly ordinary people get caught up in a power game between extraordinary people the consequences have proven to be deadly nearly always. While Smith was far from the "average Joe" he was also just a pawn in the game. 

And no matter what actually transpired that caused him to pass, may his family at least celebrate a LONG life seemingly well lived. 

DFC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peter Smith Dead After Trying to Recover Missing Clinton Emails - by DuckforcoveR - 07-05-2017, 07:23 PM