Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sneaky windows 10
It gets even worse than merely the sneak update through forced thiefware.

Ask yourself WHY MS is going the thiefware route to take over as many systems as possible.

Ask yourself WHY MS is going the unprecedented route of giving Win10 away for FREE, in an attempt to make it more palatable.

Ask yourself WHY MS  is allowing even systems with pirated Windows to "upgrade" for free - although, for the time being, they are saying that those installations will still be pirate copies (even though MS gave them the "upgrade" for free).

Ask yourself WHY MS is pushing "the cloud" so hard, where YOUR data will be entirely in their control - even if you encrypt it, THEY still own it (see below about encryption vs. Win10).

Ask yourself WHY MS is becoming increasingly insistent that you log into YOUR machine via one of THEIR accounts rather than logging in locally with a secure password, accessible only to you.

Ask yourself WHY they are pushing "the Internet of Things" so hard.

Take into consideration that Win10 is confirmed to have keylogger spyware built in to the operating system to steal and upload all of your keystrokes (think "stealing and recording your passwords").

Take into consideration that you CAN NOT disallow whatever updates MS wants to push out on to your computer with Win10. There is NO way to turn off updates. Once they have your computer, they can make it do whatever they like via the forced updates and remote control.

So while you're asking questions, Ask yourself WHY MS has suddenly, with Win10, decided to no longer allow you to decide which "updates" you need, and have started to force feed YOUR computer what they want it to have.

Take into consideration that MS has already been busted removing programs from user's computers without their permission or even knowledge until they try to use the program, as part of it's "update" programming for Win10.

In May of 2014, what was at the time the finest and most secure encryption software on the planet, TrueCrypt, suddenly, mysteriously, and with no warning or explanation, burned their website to the ground and opened a new one, concurrently pulling their encryption software and replacing it with a "decrypt only" version and the advice to migrate to BitLocker (MS of course, built in to Windows) for encryption needs. Everyone in the security community mistrusts any encryption software MS puts out based upon their past (and apparently current) actions. I personally believe that they were given a heads-up, and knew that the next Windows would be absolutely impervious to encryption (if they steal your passwords, they own your encryption, too - it becomes a wasted effort). Because of that, they were aware of the futility of encryption software on Win10, and elected to fold up shop rather than output a false sense of security to the unsuspecting.

The mantle has been taken up by VeraCrypt, who have improved the software vastly over even the old TrueCrypt, but even at that, it CAN NOT secure a Win10 system - nothing can, when they have built in keyloggers to steal and send home any encryption passwords. Even Windows BitLocker, the built-in encryption system, cannot secure against that.

Microsoft has placed a bid to own YOUR computer, and everything on it, by stealth, right under your nose. Anyone running Win10 no longer owns the computer they paid their own money for - they only rent it from MS, and at the pleasure of MS. For MS, they now own 300 million plus computers around the world that they never paid a dime for. Sweet deal, eh?

I'm currently running Win7, and it will be the last Windows version I run. None of the ones beyond it, starting with Win8, is secure enough to allow on one of MY computers. When the time comes that Win7 will no longer interact with the internet, I will be migrating entirely to Linux, and disconnecting any of my Win7 machines from the internet entirely. I'll probably keep one "airgapped" and with the wifi radio pulled out (rather than merely disabled), just to run Windows specific programs that have no Linux equivalent, but any new programs that require Win8 or later will be of no use to me, so it will only be running older programs ("Older" at that point in time) that will function with Win7. I have disabled ALL updates on my Win7 installations, because that is necessary to avoid the Win10 stealthware/nagware.

Linux, at least for the time being, is still secure and will still protect encrypted data against incursions, if used properly, and both TrueCrypt and VeraCrypt have Linux versions to protect your data.

Neither Microsoft nor the government have any pressing need to read my grandma's secret peanut butter cookie recipe, which is so highly encrypted that the NSA can't even get it. WHY would the government need to know just what dirt you have on them? I can think of a few reasons, none of them good or conducive to the longevity of the individual in possession of such information. I'd recommend making several highly encrypted copies of it and salting them out to various venues, and creating a mechanism to distribute the password in the event of your untimely demise. It won't matter much at that point if your password is distributed on the nightly news to everyone on Earth - you'll already be beyond the repercussions of it.

Another thing to think about is those forced updates of Win10, and the implications they have for "down the road". Once MS has a maximal number of folks on the hook, what's to keep them from releasing "updates" that turn the operating system into hostageware - forcing you to pay a monthly fee for access to YOUR OWN computer and data? I'll bet you dollars against donuts that's already in the works - MS has already said that Win10 will be their last OS, and that eventually asking "what version of Windows are you running?" will be a nonsensical question.

And then there's "the cloud", which in most cases ALREADY has folks paying monthly for access to THEIR OWN data, and even productivity programs. Why anyone would accede to that plan is beyond me.

Aaaaannndd... "The Internet of Things" currently being pushed by nearly everyone, not the least MS themselves. Cameras in your home "for your own protection". your refrigerator, toaster, TV, and blender spying on you and phoning home... who really thinks that's a good idea, if they bother to think about it at all?

To coin a phrase, this is a Brave new World we are entering, kiddies. protect yourself. TPTB are gearing up to own everything in your life, and convince you that it is somehow a good idea to pay them to own you. Protect yourselves, it's gonna be a hell of a ride.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Sneaky windows 10 - by 727Sky - 05-24-2016, 10:26 PM
RE: Sneaky windows 10 - by Sol - 05-24-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: Sneaky windows 10 - by Ninurta - 05-29-2016, 11:55 PM
RE: Sneaky windows 10 - by Mystic Wanderer - 05-25-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: Sneaky windows 10 - by Chiefsmom - 05-25-2016, 09:28 PM
RE: Sneaky windows 10 - by Ninurta - 05-29-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Sneaky windows 10 - by BIAD - 06-02-2016, 11:02 AM
RE: Sneaky windows 10 - by Sol - 06-17-2016, 01:03 AM
RE: Sneaky windows 10 - by senona - 06-17-2016, 01:10 AM