Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
His words, what do they mean?
In the interest of fairplay, I've been going over some of the speechs that Donald Trump has
said during the campaign and after he'd been made President and they're quite enlightening.

I took the stance of looking at what he actually says in regards of policies and not the buzzwords,
crowd-pleasing rhetoric and assumed out-of-context insults during live debates.

I can see by the general slant put on the Youtube videos I watched, that he does sound like an
angry loose cannon that ignores political nuance and offers his opinions in the manner of the
average person in the street.
And I think that's where the confusion come into it.

I hope we can all agree that nothing happens in Government without a general consent.
A President can't just walk up to a mobile nuclear missile activator and press a button to start
up a war and he-or-she cannot just pass a law.
(Jeez, this is 101 stuff!)

There are advisors of many sectors who not only work for a President, but are requested to assist
from private companies, world-wide financial corporations and religous denominations.

The benefits of an idea that the majority can utilise is discussed, whilst keeping in mind any fallout
that can effect a multitude of political areas and whether that proposed idea will be soluble to those
for-and-against factions with the power to help create such a policy or law.

Opinions and counter-views of an opposing group have to be taken into consideration with the
basic forethought that any movement to install a policy doesn't undermine the current elected power
base and the idea is then still valid for a multi-graded society to agree with.

At the end of all of this, I think we can agree that the same average person from the street would
consider all of the above f*cking boring... and right there is why many average people voted him
in as President.

For years, the different facets of information-delivering has created a social level of receiving that
information. We listen and read the words of politicians and at the end of the interview, nothing is
really said and no indication of a strong, reliable person is implied. It became grey.

Trump is a businessman. The thrust and parry of subtle political negotiation is not his forte.
I've seen it written that during talks over peace-keeping in a foreign area, it's suggested his eyes
glaze over because it doesn't interest him. But when deal-making and business-orientated meetings,
he's there being a bully, pulling people towards them during an handshake and dominating the
situation.

In my view, what pisses people off is the change of the tide in political forum, the establishment wasn't
ready for the Buddy Repperton-style of brusque, boastful, 'down-to-earth' bullying, masculine manner
that Donald Trump brings to today's leadership environment.

Put it this way, with the constant pushing from the mainstream media, many of the same middle-class
news outlets believed that whether their viewer wore a suit and worked in an office or donned a hard
-hat and could be found on a construction site, we all thought the same.

And at the very least, the working-class held the capability to accept that if something was said in jest
and a working-class listener didn't understand the gag, they would understand that it must be funny
because a joke from those with wealth and power must always say things relevant.

The highbrow, giggling-behind-the-hand in hope of not offending, jovial roasting by Barack Obama at
a White House Correspondent Dinner towards Donald Trump offers this view when Obama said:

"...Donald Trump is here tonight. Now I know that he’s taken some flak lately. But no one is happier
-no one is prouder—to put this birth certificate matter to rest than The Donald.

And that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter: Like, did we
fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?

All kidding aside, obviously we all know about your credentials and breadth of experience.
For example … no seriously, just recently, in an episode of Celebrity Apprentice, at the steakhouse,
the men’s cooking team did not impress the judges from Omaha Steaks..."
'SOURCE:

It's funny, politely demeaning towards Donald Trump and implies the man sitting quietly at the dinner
table with the weird hairstyle belongs to a class level of those that fails to understand serious political
refinement and the many subtle flavours different cultures around the world adhere to.

On the other-hand, the stereotypical construction worker in his plaid shirt and standing shooting
the shit with his buddies next to his pick-up would appreciate this joke from Donald Trump:

"...What's the difference between a wet raccoon and Donald J. Trump's hair...?
A wet raccoon doesn't have seven billion f*ckin' dollars in the bank!"
SOURCE:

It's macho, self-demeaning and boastful at the same time. It hints that anyone can make it in Trump's
country as long as you put the work in. It's old-style Americana and it's upbeat.
Political Rule 103... give 'em what they wanna hear.

So, what kind of people voted for Trump...? In my view, I would suggest the average guy and woman in
the street who were sick and tired of realising that wealth is an indicator of intelligence and those without
employment, ill or work in menial, physical-labour orientated jobs were 'lesser' and could only exist through
assistance from those in power and governance.

Again... it's only mine, a foreigner's point of view.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
His words, what do they mean? - by 1984hasarrived - 05-03-2017, 01:15 AM
RE: His words, what do they mean? - by guohua - 05-03-2017, 02:03 AM
RE: His words, what do they mean? - by BIAD - 05-03-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: His words, what do they mean? - by BIAD - 05-03-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: His words, what do they mean? - by guohua - 05-03-2017, 10:36 PM
RE: His words, what do they mean? - by BIAD - 05-04-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: His words, what do they mean? - by BIAD - 05-09-2017, 12:07 PM
RE: His words, what do they mean? - by 1984hasarrived - 05-10-2017, 04:18 AM
RE: His words, what do they mean? - by BIAD - 05-12-2017, 12:12 PM
RE: His words, what do they mean? - by guohua - 05-09-2017, 01:47 PM