Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Portland school board bans climate change-denying materials
(05-25-2016, 02:11 PM)Melina Hawk Wrote:  
So, what they are doing - I don't mind so much. We need to be cognizant of our impact we have on our immediate environment. To steer our children into a more "green" frame of mind won't hurt our planet or ourselves. 

My kids are aware of the science. The whole solar system is heating up. Not just us. Therefore, we can't be wholly responsible for the heat. But we are responsible for our impact on our immediate surroundings.

Exactly

The point is, it is up for debate

Yes, we are partly responsible
Yet at the same time, one cannot deny in the past the natural evolution of earth over the millions of years.

Take the Sahara Desert for example
Now who is to blame for it changing from a once lush forest to what it is now?
Are they not going to discuss that or just ignore major changes that have occurred before Man came onto the scene

But what this school is attempting to do, is indoctrinate the students to "think" as they want them to, blowing off scientists that dispute GW agenda.

Not allowing for any challenge/debate on the topic

Quote:This is a great example as to why it is so important to be involved in your kids education.

I just proof read a paper my senior in high school did, and it was worthy of a spot on a conspiracy site. That's my influence. LOL.

LOL....I bet it was worthy of a spot on a conspiracy site 
:giggle:

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Portland school board bans climate change-denying materials - by senona - 05-25-2016, 07:31 PM