Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
US drops 'mother of all bombs' on IS-held caves in Afghanistan.
(04-13-2017, 11:36 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Looks like Trump is keeping his promise to wipe ISIS out.   minusculebeercheers 
I'll stand behind him as long as we're only bombing ISIS, or whatever their name is today.

I hope you're right, I truly do, but I'm not as eager to get behind him as I once was, given the recent history of disastrous failures, and throwing us under the bus.

Maybe he IS getting serious about ISIS, and maybe it's just a distraction from the Syrian air base fail. Another possibility is that it was a signal to ISIS to get back to the job they're being paid to do, and stop harassing goat herders out in the middle of nowhere instead of Syria where they're being paid to be. Consider, this bomb has the explosive equivalent of 11 tons of TNT - 22,000 pounds of TNT, yet it apparently only tagged 36 enemies. That is 611 pounds of explosive per kill - not a terribly efficient way to do war, unless the intent was really to just cause a big, spectacular, eye-catching (and headline-catching) explosion, in which a few enemy got killed incidentally.

Also consider this was in Afghanistan, probably Tora Bora, and by the looks of the video the south side of the Milawa Valley - a wilderness, compared to, say, Raqqa, Mosul, or any one of a number of other ISIS concentrations in ISISstan, where ISIS fighters tend to herd up and congregate. Now dropping it THERE, you know, in an ISIS core area, would certainly have had a far greater impact on ISIS fighting forces. much more buck for the bang so to speak.

So why God-forsaken-istan?

So, while I hope and pray you're right, I think I'm gonna just stand back and watch to see what the next few moves are before I get back on board. Fool me once, shame on YOU, fool me twice, shame on ME.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: US drops 'mother of all bombs' on IS-held caves in Afghanistan. - by Ninurta - 04-15-2017, 02:23 AM