Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Massive data leak released: Panama Papers - The secret offshore world of the global e
I think the people working on this for a year have been professional, working Journalists (The ICIJ is made up of the WORKING variety, not the talking heads who read scripts). So, at the end here, they figure they ought to have a month to run exclusive under their own bylines to what parts or aspects mean the most to them. That is my guess for how simple the May time frame is. Within a month, exclusive will mean nothing either way and any personal benefit to be milked for all the work they put into getting it this far will rightly have faded. 

Time enough to let the workers enjoy their 15 minutes ..then we'll all get to the meat and potatoes.

I find it interesting that during Obama's remarks today he talked about what the hack shows, and very particular toward the people it refers to and whom HE dislikes personally.

What he didn't seem to make a mention of was the criminal nature of the hack. In fact, this is the largest criminal leak/hack in the history of the world business community.

Now...am I suggesting that somehow makes it less important? No.. Of course not. However, this President is die hard to catch and bag Snowden. He sure didn't seem amused when the hack/leak came from inside his own camp, and in fact, he instituted new 'inside threat' programs across the entire Government to insure no one like Snowden was likely to come again. Yet.....the President of the United States of America has not a single comment about the outrageously criminal nature of what is going to hurt hundreds, if not thousands of people and has already changed the course of one nation in the world today. 

Odd for that to be missing, IMO. Just odd....given that we're the nation claiming legal high ground and principle on a regular basis.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Massive data leak released: Panama Papers - The secret offshore world of the global e - by Wrabbit2000 - 05-24-2016, 08:33 AM