Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Massive data leak released: Panama Papers - The secret offshore world of the global e
Holy Crap! ! ! ! !

Why isn't this leading every news page and broadcast, world wide?! (takes a deep breath) .... The article run in The Guardian (as well as another in the BBC) sums it up by saying the US State Department leaks and combat action report databases of the war are DWARFED by this in both sheer physical size as well as importance of the data for the implications of its release. Hell, this makes the Pentagon Papers look like a minor policy paper with bad news. 

(staggered) 

I'm just dumbfounded... I'm also a little sick with one BIG question. All the stories breaking with this cite investigations and national efforts based on this material, but before that? All simply refer to it as leaked internal documents (TWO TERRABYTES WORTH, but still leaked docs). WHO leaked them, originally, and why??

The focus seems to be on Putin (which is like focusing on one CAMP GUARD for the whole evil of the German war machine of world war II), when this covers 40 YEARS of time and this same high level of people and places doing their dirty deeds in near open sight. The US really hates Putin right now ..... Ergo ... Oh... No..... 

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THIS STARTED AS AN OBAMA BRAIN FART LEAK?! Similar things DID happen in the past, on a MUCH smaller scale of course, with things like the air raids into Syria by Israeli in past years. The White House isn't supposed to be giving the play-by-play of such things like its a spectator sport, but they've been known to burn some VERY VERY sensitive items as well as methods if it served a political purpose. 

.....the length of time this has been out in the hands of this enormous group of journalists ALSO makes me wonder, as we see a public focus on Putin (of all individuals to focus on in this "tell-all" who's who of world wide corruption). It's been a couple years, which puts the time this first came to light as about right to the forerunner efforts toward the Ukraine and applying serious, sustained pressure on Russia as well as Putin as an individual. 

.....but..no.please..oh no...don't tell me THIS ever ..ever..in even a passing WAY...gets traced back to United States entities. We're so screwed with world trust and ability to work with them after Manning and Snowden as it is. Something like this? If it CAME from US sources? We might as well close our Embassies world wide. They won't serve much purpose to anyone beyond a weigh station for immigrants to touch base on their way into our nation. NO one will see them as places where sensitive business may ever be conducted. Not...if this may have come that way??? 

.....a story to watch, on MANY LEVELS ....as I've counted at least FOUR sitting Western leaders these papers implicate in verifiable high crimes of outright embezzelement or such gray area action, that it may become politically impossible for them to remain leaders in their respective nations ..and good Lord, I've only skimmed the summary stories of this MOUNTAIN of information!!! 

Folks ... Unless someone pops up to say "April Fools!!!"...then I believe THIS one is the most damaging thing we've seen pop in decades, if not EVER.....for exposing the inner corrupt workings within the UPPER echelons of power and money in the world ....WHILE the actions are STILL BEING COMMITTED and in ACTIONABLE ways for criminal prosecution! 

This ....IS....HUGE! (Unless, again, somehow this all isn't real after all? I mean...it's THAT BIG, IMO ... Hard to believe its real at all)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Massive data leak released: Panama Papers - The secret offshore world of the global e - by Wrabbit2000 - 05-24-2016, 08:17 AM