Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Age-reversing Pill Will Begin Human Trials in Six Months
Explanation: Uhmmmm?...

@Mystic Wanderer

Quote:So, it's only for the astronauts to use first.  Looks like we peons might be waiting in line several more years. tinycrying

And @[b]guohua

[/b]
Quote:Yes, I Know, That is a Shame, Sure it's Great for Astronauts.
But I'd like to Volunteer.
Of-course you know if it works we, The Lowly Commoner would never know or could afford it.

Ahhhh how do I put this gently to you lovely ladies?  minusculethinking

Cough! BULLSHIT! Cough! mediumbagpiper mediumscotshowingbutt

Personal Disclosure: I look up NAD+ and NMN online using Google [oh the shame] and I found out the following things on wiki [oh the double shame] ...

NAD+ [wiki]

Quote:Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) is a coenzyme found in all living cells. The compound is a dinucleotide, because it consists of two nucleotides joined through their phosphate groups. One nucleotide contains an adenine base and the other nicotinamide. Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide exists in two forms, an oxidized and reduced form abbreviated as NAD+ and NADH respectively.

In metabolism, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide is involved in redox reactions, carrying electrons from one reaction to another. The coenzyme is, therefore, found in two forms in cells: NAD+ is an oxidizing agent – it accepts electrons from other molecules and becomes reduced. This reaction forms NADH, which can then be used as a reducing agent to donate electrons. These electron transfer reactions are the main function of NAD. However, it is also used in other cellular processes, the most notable one being a substrate of enzymes that add or remove chemical groups from proteins, in posttranslational modifications. Because of the importance of these functions, the enzymes involved in NAD metabolism are targets for drug discovery.

In organisms, NAD can be synthesized from simple building-blocks (de novo) from the amino acids tryptophan or aspartic acid. In an alternative fashion, more complex components of the coenzymes are taken up from food as the vitamin called niacin. Similar compounds are released by reactions that break down the structure of NAD. These preformed components then pass through a salvage pathway that recycles them back into the active form. Some NAD is also converted into nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP); the chemistry of this related coenzyme is similar to that of NAD, but it has different roles in metabolism.

And ...

NMN [wiki]
[/url]
Quote:Nicotinamide mononucleotide ("NMN" and "β-NMN") is a nucleotide derived from ribose and nicotinamide.[1] Niacinamide (nicotinamide) is a derivative of vitamin B3, also known as niacin.[2] As a biochemical precursor of NAD+, it may be useful in the prevention of pellagra.[3]

Its precursor, niacin, is found in a variety of nutritional sources: peanuts, mushrooms (portobello, grilled), avocados, green peas (fresh), and certain fish and animal meats.[4]

In studies on mice, NMN has shown to reverse age-related arterial dysfunction by decreasing oxidative stress.[5][6] A long-term study indicates that NMN can slow down the physiologic decline in ageing mice.[7] As a result, the older mice in the study have metabolism and energy levels resembling those of younger mice, with extended life spans. However, NMN did not show similar beneficial effects in young mice.[8]

The anti-aging properties is being tested on humans in Japan.
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotinamide_mononucleotide]

So the secret is simply Niacin [Vit B3] !!! minusculebeercheers

Now to rant a bit about Big Pharma ... minusculesoapbox

From the article linked in the OP ...

Quote:For the past four years, Professor Sinclair and Dr Wu have been working on making NMN into a drug substance with their companies MetroBiotech NSW and MetroBiotech International. 

tinytongue Screw you guys for upsetting my Rogue friends and being secretive scumbags and trying to patent a natural product! minusculemooning  minusculeredtantrum

That is all!
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Age-reversing Pill Will Begin Human Trials in Six Months - by OmegaLogos - 03-25-2017, 06:30 AM