Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Walk Down Mystic's Way...
Interesting to note from where these "myths" originated.  minusculethumbsup2

I'm sure most people who have ever delved into the paranormal will recognize these creatures in the stories we still hear to this day, however being a bit twisted from the original tale. Funny how certain things survive the test of time.

The owl man was one I hadn't heard.  However, there was a member on a previous board who told his story of walking down a dark lane one night when he heard something he couldn't quite describe, but it sounded like it was in pain.
He followed the sound until he came to a neighbor's garage, where he found what he called a "bird-man" crouched down in the corner whimpering.

He walked over to the creature to offer his help, but when he reached out to it, it bit him.  Needless to say, he left; his presence was clearly frightening the creature even more. 
He said he figured it was something not from this world and it was dying, unable to live in our atmosphere. 
He didn't know what became of the creature, but he never saw it again.

Strange things appear to handful of people to witness, only to be labeled as a crazy person when they relay their story to non-believers. 
Some people just can't wrap their minds around anything beyond what they consider "normal" in their own reality, or else, the thought of it being true scares them so bad their mind won't accept it.

Myth?  Who knows. 
From what I've learned, most "myths" originated from someone's reality once upon a time.

Thank you BIAD.  Nice thread.   tinyinlove

Messages In This Thread
A Walk Down Mystic's Way... - by BIAD - 03-04-2017, 12:29 PM
RE: A Walk Down Mystic's Way... - by guohua - 03-04-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: A Walk Down Mystic's Way... - by Mystic Wanderer - 03-04-2017, 03:53 PM
RE: A Walk Down Mystic's Way... - by BIAD - 03-05-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: A Walk Down Mystic's Way... - by BIAD - 03-05-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: A Walk Down Mystic's Way... - by BIAD - 03-07-2017, 02:41 PM
RE: A Walk Down Mystic's Way... - by gordi - 03-07-2017, 05:52 PM