Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One down as the swamp is being drained
Milo Yiannopoulos event cancelled as violent protests erupt at UC Berkeley.

(I added the 'L' in 'cancelled' because the site missed it out and I'll refrain from pointing
out the irony of education and school-promoted civic unrest!)

'Controversial conservative speaker Milo Yiannopoulos’ campus appearance Wednesday
evening was canceled after a violent protest of more than 1,000 people erupted, resulting
in large fires and several broken windows in the Martin Luther King Jr. Student Union building.

By 5:30 p.m., protesters had amassed on Sproul Plaza and were chanting, “No Milo, no
Trump, no fascist U.S.A.” The protests later escalated, and some outside the building set
off fireworks, threw rocks and bricks and hammered windows.

UCPD determined that it was necessary to evacuate Yiannopoulos from the premises to
ensure his safety about 6:00 p.m., but protests continued.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1168]

Yiannopoulos, an editor for the conservative news site Breitbart, was invited to speak by
campus political group Berkeley College Republicans, or BCR. After Yiannopoulos
evacuated the campus, he said on Facebook that he and his team were safe.

“Something very disturbing happened on the UC Berkeley campus,” Yiannopoulos said in a
live Facebook video. “I’m just sitting in my hotel room, stunned, that hundreds of people
were throwing rocks … and had to be subdued … because they’re so threatened.”

About five people were injured during the course of the event with varying degrees of severity,
according to BPD spokesperson Officer Byron White. Both BPD and UCPD did not make
any arrests...'
SOURCE:

When I was a kid, even up to eighteen, I knew I was special.
Okay, special meant special as-in 'I can't fly like Superman, but I can wear a mask,
solve crimes in my imagination and look serious like Batman'
But whatever, I felt good.

You know... be a good guy and by being that, being seen as important by my peers.
Eh, maybe even that girl at the desk near the door might like me, yeah?

But running around one's bedroom with your coat dangling from you shoulders
and fastened at the neck seemed not to be good enough.
That plastic 'Batman' mask that came with the comic didn't seem to get my rocks
off anymore as I got older and to be honest... I felt a bit silly.

But the 'big' school changed all of that. There, I discovered that world wasn't split
into two camps where the 'baddies' always looked mean and were cruel to those
around them. These foes wore make-up I hadn't seen before, subtle shades that
merge from a type of cold amiability to down-right evil.

I was taught that those around me and myself were seen as weak because we
adhered to principles of friendship and happiness. Some cynical people reading
this may say that these qualities are derived from the natural learning process of
being a social animal and betterment is derived from non-violent and all-around
acceptable behavior.
And the chicks like it too.

Okay, I'll accept some my -and others too, some of my ideas are raw and undeveloped
when held to the stark light of complex relationships in commerce, country unity and
global interaction, but we should do something about the many problems in the
world because I know that I'll feel better when they go away.

But that same world of old men sitting around talking don't seem to get anything done.
I've seen them, they say one thing and it's usually something so vague that doesn't
say exactly what should be done, and then after what seems ages, they implement
a watered-down version of what I and my cohorts would have put in place.

Maybe the 'What-do-we-want-and-when-do-we-want-it' chant is heard as a naive
call of an impatient youth, but they shouted it in the sixties and seventies and looked
how the world changed then?
My teacher told me.

So in way... in a slight way, I'm still Batman fighting the wealthy Joker and his crew.
They don't understand that when a person who says things I don't like comes to
lecture me about how I should 'man-up' and work together, it's not only insulting to
my and the girl's at the desk near the door beliefs, it also a tongue-rasp at a person's
gender.
It's invasive.

But what can I do...? Honestly, how can we show our tutors and those who arrange
these things, that we don't want to hear what this English queer is saying?
Why can't he just go away? Why can't they just leave us with what we have?

I know-I know, the damage is awful, but someone will fix it. I know that I could've just
stayed at home or hung-out with my friends somewhere else. But what if this foppish
dyed-haired creep had said something I disagreed with and others accepted it as
true?
What then, huh?

My life would be changed forever, the Joker and his gang would have successfully
brain-washed a section of my world and we'd all be living in Nazi Germany... again.
It would be black and white, those of us who are seen as weak because we're nice
and just want to get along would be rounded up and killed.

They don't like people who are different, that's the crux of it... they don't understand
that not everybody looks to destroy your opinion of what a world should look like.

I mean come on, let's be serious here. There's nobody attacking the country, there's
no-one dropping bombs on the public from drones. People across the world just
want to get along and live in peace, just like me and my friends want.
So... basically, we're all the same and I wish these old men in suits would learn that.

Even if I don't wear that coat-come-cape around my neck tonight, there's a justice
to be fought for out there and I'm in the right to defend it. It's noble and it's seen as
good.

Maybe she'll be there too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: One down as the swamp is being drained - by BIAD - 02-02-2017, 02:07 PM