Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Madonna just got some very bad news from the secret service
(01-24-2017, 01:51 PM)Sol Wrote: Actors should act and singers should sing. Most of these celebs couldn't care less about politics but show off cause it's good for their image, or so they think.

DeNiro has always been one of my favorite actors but when it comes to politics, he falls off the pedestal at 100 miles an hour.

Captain Kirk had always been a stereotype hero, Shatner being Canadian, one of my favorites. His stupid no common sense remarks on things over the years has left me seeing him as an opportunist.

Most of them are. They should stick to what they do best and avoid taking stances but hey...they're celebs...

Madonna's 'out of context my ass' little wh rant should indeed have consequences.

Imagine - just for a second - if any of us had been on that stand saying those exact words...what would've happened?

Being a celeb should not give you a free pass to promote acts of violence or terrorism.

No matter who you are.

I agree with you about being a celebrity should not mean you have a free pass to promote acts of terrorism..

But if I'm going to be honest, I mean, I think celebrities have as much right as anyone else and tweet/Facebook or just plain go rogue with their political stances. God knows I do.

The problem here is that their audiences can be anyone of any political stance, and your so high profile that anything you say can make news. Basically, these celebrities have risked alienating large percentages of their audiences, especially considering that the vote was split nearly 50/50..  on poplar vote it was only large California cities who tipped the scales.. 

So the risk is huge when your talking it's a possible half of your paying customers you are risking alienating every time you tell them they are stupid idiots in your opinion and your wanting to kill the president of the United States. (Sorry, this is an abhorrent thing for anyone to say - and especially when you can influence kids..)

Now here is the question, in a boycott ARE the right actually paying customers, or are these celebrities pandering their own customers. I haven't listened to Madonna since high school and I couldn't stand the whore then. I could boycott, but I don't buy her stuff anyway so it makes zero difference. 

When it comes to these movie celebrities there is a difference. I DO watch some of these movies and shows. I wanted so badly to see the new Ghostbusters movie (bad reviews or not I wanted to see it.. I loved Ghostbusters when I was young) Now, I AM boycotting it.. I will never so much as watch it on television. 

That said, it's a rare occasion I watch a movie in the theatre.. I used to go to the theatre once a month with my son, it was our thing to do together, and with my daughter it was to eat lunch out once a month, but now that I'm not in the same town as my son, I don't go to movies anymore. 

I will boycott these actors on television, if a channel shows one of these movies with actors I'm boycotting I'll not watch it even on t.v., but I don't know how much difference it makes. The economy has gotten so bad it's more difficult to do stuff like go to the movies for many Trump supporters, so I don't know how much of an impact boycotting will actually have. 

I do think we should pay attention and make a boycott list, but at the same time, I do wonder if these people getting up and saying this, are simply pandering to their own audiences...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Madonna just got some very bad news from the secret service - by Grace - 01-24-2017, 04:37 PM