Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CLOSE CALL: European Union finally rejects horrific mass surveillance legislation
In my view and only from what I've read, it seems that the UK surveillance agencies
may have had a two-fold agenda that involved 'snooping' and money-saving wishes.

The National Police forces around Great Britain have been severely cut back over the
last few years and instead of focusing on manpower and having 'Bobbies on the beat'
or patrolling policemen/women staying with the traditional way of monitoring areas,
they'e reached out to technology and have also urged the public to also be their eyes
and ears.

Most western societies now embrace the internet and cellular telephones and our average
perception of communication is to use these conduits in good faith.
We tend to think that because it's easier, it's better.

I suppose it is, but it means in it's most simplest sense we talk to strangers on the internet
and in our natural setting, we believe that we're communicating one-to-one or in a group we
accept have the same values as ourselves.

With mobile phones, it's similar. Our voices are cast across the air and we have this view of
'Big World' anonymity because of the false fact that we believe we're talking to someone 'in'
the phone... someone so nearby that we can hear their voice!
Perception.

Maybe the more-rational minds will quote market-forces at work to have such devices available
at low costs. Cellular phones are often free in the UK as long as you accept the tariff payments
and internet-access usually is connected to one's television providers.

Personally, I think there's more to it than that. For a small outlay, a person has a machine that
can give their location to a system, it can relay private communication, likes and dislikes, political
sway and personal data of all manner of subjects.

Due to this global perception, I believe The Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism, MI6 and
other shadowy outfits, wanted to dig deeper into what we believe and how we come to believe
it.
To know how your 'enemy' formulates their world-view perception is to possibly give you a head
-start on how to stop them.

But I also think this technology-worship is a 'disease' that such agencies have also acquired.

I accept that a better spear than your enemy may give you a better position in warfare, but
if the hunted is a human-being, then surely the trust should be placed in the human-being
that throws that spear, not the sharpness of the tip.
(I'm waffling!)
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: CLOSE CALL: European Union finally rejects horrific mass surveillance legislation - by BIAD - 01-11-2017, 10:38 AM