Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HAS THE REAL BIGFOOT OR SASQUATCH BEEN FOUND? SCIENTIST SAY YES
As has previously been mentioned in the thread, I've seen one, so I believe they are real. Virtually everything I know about them comes from that one sighting, so it's precious little. I believe they have some sort of intelligence, because I saw intelligence behind it's eyes (and something like recognition - it didn't seem the least bit surprised, and knew exactly where I was hiding) when it looked directly at me.

I know they're big, although I've come to believe it wasn't quite as big as I thought it was back then. I was certain it was 12 feet tall, but over time have convinced myself it had to be shorter than that, maybe 8 feet tall. I know they're quiet, because I distinctly recall wondering how something that big could move through the woods and the brush without making a sound. I was no slouch in the woods back then, but I doubt that even I could have moved that quietly, even though I was a lot smaller than the critter.

I know they're curious, because when it came out of the woods, it went to a hickory sapling I had leaning against the eave of the house to season for a bowstave, and it pulled the sapling away from the house to examine it. Bears and other woods critters in these mountains don't do that. They don't care about leaning saplings.

I know they can move fast, but with legs that long, who wouldn't?

I don't believe they are aliens, I think they are just natural Earth critters, very well tuned in to nature. They can move fast and quiet, so it's no mystery to me how they elude humans. I've eluded humans in the woods, and can't move that fast or quiet. Bigfoot ought, by rights, to be a lot better at it, and it wasn't that hard for me to begin with.

The Shawnee Indians from around that area had a legend of the "Msissisengw", a large hairy humanoid whose funtion was as a "Keeper of the woods", a protector of nature who prevented overhunting and ruination of the habitat. In 1774, when the southern wing of Dunmore's army was marching through what was then a wilderness in that area (on the Great Kanawha river, between Burning Springs and Charleston in what is now WV), heading for the Battle of Point Pleasant, it was recorded in an orderly book that they found an "indian" track that was remarkable because it measured 14 inches long. In Kentucky, when Daniel Boone was exploring that area in the same time frame, and not far away, he told of having encountered a "Yahoo", evidently naming it from the sound it made, which was a giant hairy humanoid as well.

So, they're not anything recently invented, like a Chpacabra is. They have a history and a track record. Something is being seen here, and it's being seen occasionally by folk very familiar with the woods, the flora and the fauna, folk who wouldn't mistake a bear for a Yahoo out of excitement. Bears you can shoot, but I'll be damned if I'd have tried to shoot what I saw. I had a 12 gauge shotgun in hand, and wouldn't even attempt it. I didn't want to take a chance on pissing it off. I was shaking like a dog shitting peach seeds, which also wasn't normal for me at that time.

One other time, a long way from that sighting, all the way down in NC just south of Burlington, I may have encountered another. In July 2011, on my 50th birthday, I decided to walk to work - a distance of 14 miles - just to see if I still could. About 1 AM, halfway to work, I stopped and sat beside the road to take a breather, and while I was sitting there, I hear the oddest sound in the woods. Sounded like someone beating a tree with a 2x4. It was out in the middle of nowhere, no habitations or people around, nothing but woods and that road for miles. I sat and listened to it for a while, and it kept beating, but I had no idea what it was. Being a Friday night, I though maybe some drunk or doped up kids were in the woods partying, and one got the bright idea to beat a tree. The only thing that made me uneasy about that was the fact that I could hear no voices, and it was only 150 yards or so away judging by the sound, slightly downhill of my position, and not a breath of wind stirring. the temperature, even at that time of morning, was around 95 degrees. It was hot, oppressive, and stifling, but I should have heard voices if anyone was speaking there, and partying kids are not well known for their stealth.

It was only later, by several months, that I ever heard of the phenomenon of "wood knocking" attributed to bigfoot. Is that what it was? I don't know, and never will know, as I didn't see anything at all, or hear anything other than the knocking at that point. A couple hours later, and miles away, I DID hear the most bloodcurdling scream I've ever heard in the woods. It came out of a grove of trees in a field beside the road, about 200 yards away. I've heard a lot of stuff in the woods, but never anything like that. It wasn't any sort of critter I've ever heard, and I've heard panthers screaming. I figured it was some kind of bird, a really big one, but never saw anything there, either... and it sure as shit raised the hackles on the back of my neck and caused me to step up the pace.

Dimensional portals? a possibility, I reckon. Are bigfoot using them as if they were tools? I dunno. I seriously doubt it, but can't discount the possibility. If they find one, it's probably just like you or I would - something they stumble into, rather than "call up".

100,000 years ago, in China, there lived a giant ape 10 or 12 feet tall called "Gigantopithecus". Is that what bigfoot is? I dunno. Either a relict population crossing the Bering land bridge and surviving in America OR the odd individual occasionally dropping through a dimensional portal could explain it. What is certain is that creatures fitting the general description of "bigfoot" DID at one time exist on Earth, and that is scientifically proven and recorded in the fossil record. Survival, by one means or another, is not out of the question. Gigantopithecus was apparently scare, too - it's been identified by a few teeth from Chinese caves and I think maybe a jaw bone and a few scrap bone fragments, and that's it.

Something to think on.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: HAS THE REAL BIGFOOT OR SASQUATCH BEEN FOUND? SCIENTIST SAY YES - by Ninurta - 11-21-2017, 10:19 AM