Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Facebook Censorship has hit home
Well well well. In this thread, the topic of Facebook and Google censorship reared it's head.

Now I've been censored on Facebook myself.

People who know me know that I don't take to being censored, having my thoughts erased from the web, lightly. Remember the Judy Faltskog/ Wayne Herschel saga? Yeah, already been there and done that... and I prevailed.

The Facebook Saga started when a bunch of leftists were blowing up my Facebook page with incoherent ranting. Now, I let that slide for a long while, figuring it was a good thing to allow them to vent their emotions, hoping that they might be able to regain (or finally arrive at) logical thought at some point. That hasn't happened yet, and enough is enough.

Last night, I was scrolling down my Facebook page and encountered post after post by one particular leftist, who was posting on about a 2 to 3 minute interval, just spamming the crap out of my page. That was my breaking point, and iI went on a counter offensive. Nothing particularly virulent or irrational - folks who know me also know that I prefer to counter irrationality with cold hard logic. I've never, ever lost that way.... but I HAVE been censored for it when the opposition could not muster any coherent thoughts, and demanded my logic countering their emotion to be removed.

Now, once again.

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, depending on which side of the censorship fence one stands), they didn't get it zapped from my computer. Therefore, I'm going to repost the exchange here so that Facebook has no control over it, and my thoughts will not be erased from the internet as was their nefarious intent. You be the judge as to whether or not it should have been removed.

The initial post, posted by me, was this:

(if the attachment does not appear here, it must have gone to the bottom of the page - see it there, while I try to figure out how to get it into this space)

That was it - no comments, no nothing. I thought the image would speak for itself.

Along comes the leftist in question, and it was on. She posted this (names redacted):

Quote:No, she should stay there so the con man cannot replace her with a nutty racist bigot.

long on emotion and name calling, short on logic and coherent discourse. The Left had taken the bait. I responded with this:

Quote:"racist" is and has been for several years now in the eye of the beholder. It has become a meaningless word, just another epithet to be thrown around in an attempt to shame one's opponents into silence. Because it has been so overused and misused, it has lost all plausible meaning in the modern world, and appears not to be working any more to stifle opposition. Sorry 'bout that.

and then, as an afterthought, also added this:

Quote:"Nutty" ( a purely subjective term) and "bigot" are fast catching up to it. All of them are used in place of a logical argument, and represent an epic fail, a breakdown of coherent thought.

Now, some time when I was formulating my next thought, and before I could post it, Facebook saw fit to censor the above. they went so far as to erase the original meme from the internet altogether, it appears - at least I couldn't find it again with a Google search, and had to rescue the image via a screen capture. Anyhow, the next post did not make it to Facebook, so I'm going to post it here for posterity:

Quote:And, personally, I'd prefer all my judges, to include Supreme Court Justices, to be honorable people. Honor starts with an ability to keep one's word. If a judge makes me a promise, I want that judge to keep that promise. Not my fault if that judge doesn't think ahead, and is prone to rash decisions and comments. One would think that to be an undesirable trait in a judge - whose judgement we should be able to rely on - all by itself.

So there it is, my first censored post from Facebook. I don't see anything there that stands in need of censorship. perhaps you do. If so, kindly inform me as to where I went off the rails.

Funny how Facebook doesn't mind erasing MY posts from MY page, and is still allowing the leftist spammer's posts to stand. That is not reflective of a Republic, nor even reflective of a Democracy. It smacks of heavy-handed dictatorship...

... which is, after all, exactly what the Left is after. The proof is in their actions.

I rest my case.

Postscript: I fully expect my Facebook account will be deleted, as I am going to post this to the top of my Facebook page as a protest. You cannot silence a free man. you can only kill him, even if only electronically.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Facebook Censorship has hit home - by Ninurta - 11-17-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by Ninurta - 11-17-2016, 07:46 PM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by BIAD - 11-17-2016, 07:58 PM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by Ninurta - 11-18-2016, 07:16 AM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by BIAD - 11-18-2016, 11:11 AM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by senona - 11-18-2016, 09:08 AM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by Ninurta - 11-20-2016, 07:17 AM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by Ninurta - 11-20-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Facebook Censorship has hit home - by BIAD - 11-20-2016, 12:23 PM