Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Portland Protesters Have First Day in Court
Some of the people who protested in Portland were arrested and went to court for the first time yesterday (Monday) afternoon.
From what I saw on the video, it isn't going to slow them down. Several said they would be back out there for the next protest, and would keep protesting.

I honestly blame the Main Stream and Social Media for what is going on now.  They have portrayed Trump as nothing but a bully-type leader who is racist, and wants to split up their family, and other bad things. 
Trump has already stated he would not deport anyone who had children here.

I think the best thing we can do now is to try to educate the people who have been "mind-controlled" into believing Trump is the Devil Incarnate by Hillary supporters, and show them he isn't as bad as they believe.  If people will look over the policies he wants to change and give him a chance to do so, this country could get back to being great again. 

But, of course, that means some of them will have to get a job, or leave the country, so... that might not go over too well with them. tinywondering

This first appearance in court was a "slap on the wrist", as they have become accustomed to when breaking the law. I hope harsher punishment will follow if they choose to continue with violence and threats against Trump and his supporters.

If they choose to act like spoiled children, they need to get a spanking!  smallslavedriver minusculemooning

[Image: 12475906_G.jpg]

Quote:Many of those who spoke to FOX 12 claim that they were simply exercising their rights to a peaceful protest and feel their arrests were unjust.
Vincenzo Milione was arrested late Thursday night when he says he was protesting peacefully in downtown Portland.

“The police started moving forward, we started moving back and the police started grabbing people and I was thrown to the ground,” he recalled.

Milione was among the several protesters in arraignment court Monday facing charges of disorderly conduct and interfering with police.
The Multnomah County District Attorney’s office and the Portland Police Bureau released a joint statement Monday saying that nearly all of the current cases against protesters have been “no-complainted for the time being.

While the cases will be reviewed for prosecution at a later date, for now, those arrested have only been cited.
That news came as a big relief for Chris Russell who said he was just walking to the store when he got stuck in the crowd by accident and does not support what’s been happening.

"I don’t agree with it,” he said. “It seems like everyone here is angry, but they’re not all angry for the same reasons.”

Thij Bowen, 18, claims police roughed him up when they arrested him. He is passionately anti-Trump and wants to get back out there.

“I did not harm anyone, there was no assault. I did not mean to harm anyone and I believe I did not deserve that treatment,” Bowen said. “If this wouldn’t have happened, I would’ve been out there every single night protesting, because I think it’s a good thing.”

Many of Bowen’s fellow protesters agree, and when asked if their cause was worth their arrests, Milione said it was.
“Definitely, definitely. I will continue to protest and use my first amendment rights.”

See the video on the Source Page

Messages In This Thread
Portland Protesters Have First Day in Court - by Mystic Wanderer - 11-15-2016, 06:09 PM