Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Isn't it time we all snapped out of it...
That works for me, just as long as I'm not chained into the slave coffles with the rest of the herd. I've recently changed positions at work, and part of that was having to reject insurance yet again, not to mention the recent "open enrollment" period where they tried to rope me into it, so I actually had to reject it twice. Trump has roughly 85 days from inauguration to Tax Day to un-fuck that unconsitutional part of it, so we'll see just what he's really made of fairly soon.

If not, there might be a bit of trouble in my little world over the next year, since I've been chucked up a tax bracket, and will now have to finally file... and there will be hell to pay, legally speaking, if they try to fine me for NOT buying a product from a private corporation I choose not to do business with. It was my understanding that in order to have legal standing for a suit against it, one had to be able to demonstrate injury from it, which will be the case should they try and test me.

I'm with you on the malpractice reform. There needs to be caps put on amounts that can be awarded and premiums that can be charged, as well as some serious curtailment of what is required to bring suit in the first place.

Caps on premiums for individual health insurance should be implemented as well - insurance companies are just taking your premiums and playing the stock market with them, then paying what few claims they pay out of the vast proceeds of that, anyhow. Reasonable caps on premiums are not gonna hurt them... it won't even hurt the horrendous and outrageous salaries they are paying their upper management.

Implementing HSA's and deregulating interstate commerce in insurance is a good start, I think, in addition to removing that damned "Individual Mandate". I'm told that what I'd like to see will drive insurance companies out of business, and I've replied "good - if they can't handle their business honestly, they NEED to be run out of business. Their CEO's can get jobs on the assembly line if they can't run a company."

Fuck 'em - NO corporation, insurance, bank, or otherwise, is "too big to fail".

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isn't it time we all snapped out of it... - by Ninurta - 11-15-2016, 03:53 AM