Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FACT CHECK: Trump Rallies vs Clinton Rallies
(10-23-2016, 01:34 AM)Sol Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 10:47 PM)Grace Wrote: He got over 540,000 responses all from likely women voters.. in this informal poll Trump got 81% of the vote.. Hillary got 11%, and the other two candidates got the rest.. That is a HUGE difference from the polls the various media organizations.. staggering even.

I would tend to believe it. As I said, even on website that are obviously pro-Hillary (like yahoo news for instance), the comments are essentially pro-Trump.

And let's not forget that a LOT of people don't say who they'll be voting for, keeping that personal for various reasons. Some of them might even be alluding that they'll vote for Hillary but will vote Trump once they get into that little voting box, and vice-versa.

Here in Canada, we thought Trudeau might win (might) with a minority, as Harper seemed to have quite a strong support,.

Trudeau won a majority by a landslide.

So who knows? Guess we'll find out soon : )

Great point. Also good to keep in mind the Brexit vote, all the polls had Remain winning, yet the vote was for Brexit. 

I think when we are getting into territory where someone's vote can be so strongly opposed to the point of abuse of those for holding a different opinion (and let's face it, getting called an Uncle Tom or a hater of your own race, or Islamophic, or a xenophobic or a racist and/or every other name people get called is the least of the abuse the left is dishing out) then people are less likely to fess up how they are planning on voting. Even a poll over the phone you don't know if you can trust to be an actual poll or someone who knows where you live wanting to find out how your voting so they can attack you, and people in cities in some areas are being attacked over their Trump signs and such.. so people especially in some areas are keeping very close to the chest what their vote is going to be.. 

So I definitely agree.. these polls might be much less accurate simply because no one is saying til vote day with the recent attacks on these types of opinions. 

The polls on the internet, may be much more accurate for reasons of anonymity as well... People online either don't care or are people who have a career to protect etc. and already have alternate id's online to protect themselves and their careers. People ARE losing their jobs over speaking out on topics like immigration.. so many are super careful, whereas online they might have less to loose. 

So, for all the above reasons and more, I totally agree.

Messages In This Thread
RE: FACT CHECK: Trump Rallies vs Clinton Rallies - by Grace - 10-23-2016, 02:01 AM