Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Just The Way We Are When We Come Down.
As the MASH ambulance slowly turned around to begin it's reversing towards the four-foot high
wooden bay, Colonel Bevan eyed the two sweating scientists frantically failing to assist the puzzled
driver in guiding the red dust-covered vehicle into position.

"They should stick to their test tubes" the middle-aged man in the dark-blue uniform muttered to
himself from the window of his office, the base had been open two years and this new arrival wasn't
what the place was built for.

Kirtland -as it now had been decided to call it, was for flight training and as far as Colonel George
Bevan was concerned, the newly installed 19th Bombardment Group was his priority. There was still
a war to win regardless of what these scientists were messing around with.

"We've taken back Guadalcanal..." the other man in the room said softly. "...And they're saying the
Brits have Tobruk" Captain James Ramey added. The silhouette at the small wooden-framed window
never moved at the information and the younger man in the fawn-coloured apparel wondered if he
should also inform his superior of what the Professor Levinson and Dr. Coleman had requested.

The ambulance grinded it's gears as it pulled away from the hanger bay and the large metal container
it had brought to airfield near Albuquerque, New Mexico, was dragged towards the open doors by
three maintenance men. Bevan smiled to himself as he noticed the white-coated boffins didn't take
part in the physical action.

"Did they say where they got it from?" the statue at the office window asked in a low growl and Ramey
resisted the urge to check the file in his hand. Colonel Bevan had been given the documents two weeks
ago and with a quick glance, Captain Ramey saw them still on the side of the desk.
Where he'd left them.

"Professor Levenison reported that they found it in the desert just south of Soccorro, a couple of days
after the cosmic ray burst..." Capt. Ramey announced. "...The equipment they used is all burnt out"
The hanger doors were closed now and just as a theatre's stage curtain indicates that a play is over,
Colonel Bevan turned away from his entertainment.

"I don't want it here, but 'upstairs' demands we pander to these eggheads..." Bevan hissed and reached
for his service cap. "...Let's take a look at this creature that Levinson and his cronies hold so much store
in, heh?"

The subject held both male and female attributes and after two meticulous examinations, Dr. Todd Coleman
was initially certain the naked humanoid laying quietly on the operating table had no organs of vision or hearing.
As a couple of assistants busied themselves getting the creature to stand, the Doctor scribbled his findings
into the leather binder marked 'Classified'

Female breasts and male reproductive genitalia. Normal human features except for eyes and ear lobes.
Face partially covered with long fringe and regular teeth formation and lips. Digits on feet and hands similar
to humans.

Standing six feet tall and a hundred and sixty-eight pounds, the being was a tanned caucasian with a mop
of jet-black hair that reached the subject's waist. The hue was reminiscent of the Native American race and
from the way the assistants were seemingly becoming entangled with the long tresses, the Doctor amused
himself that it had the appearance of having a life of it's own.
Scratch that, the hair now reached the subject's ankles.

"May I speak?" a pleasant voice came from over Coleman's shoulder as he wrote his findings and quickly
whirling around, he found that the two attendants were bound and gagged within the black fibres that flicked
and implied finger movements in the nagative towards the wide-eyed captives.

""I mean, I don't wish to alarm anyone with my behavior, but I just think we should we have some type of civil
introduction" the smiling creature suggested. "Don't you agree?" he chirped.

Dr. Coleman nodded slowly and tapped the alarm button next to his file, the loud klaxon sang that Boy In A
Dress was in the building... without a dress, of course.

(To be Continued)
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
It's Just The Way We Are When We Come Down. - by BIAD - 05-22-2016, 12:48 PM