Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More FBI agents speak out, say Comey purposely derailed Hillary email scandal
(10-31-2016, 04:28 AM)senona Wrote: Latest......

Fmr U.S. Atty: Comey’s Hand Forced by FBI ‘Seething’ Anger at Botched Hillary Email Investigation

The picture painted by DiGenova, based on what he says are discussions with current and former FBI agents, is one of “seething” rage inside the Bureau at the way Comey handled the investigation concerning Hillary Clinton’s private email server. Mr. DiGenova eviscerated the way Comey conducted his investigation and explained that he believes it has tarnished the FBI director’s reputation permanently, telling Breitbart News:

Quote:

The original so-called ‘investigation’ was not an investigation. It was not thorough. It was not professional. As far as we know there was no grand jury, which an ordinary investigation would have. There were no grand jury subpoenas, there were no search warrants. Immunities were given out like candy. Attorneys were allowed to represent multiple witnesses and defendants which is completely inconsistent with federal policy and ethical standards. The list is endless.

The original investigation was not intended to be a real investigation. Comey decided — for political reasons– that he wanted to exonerate Hillary Clinton and the only answer to why he wanted to do that was because he didn’t want to be responsible for recommending the prosecution of the first female nominee of a major political party for President of the United States.

They followed none of the protocols that they ordinarily would have attained in such a prosecution. And the proof that that is the case is the letter that he sent to Congress, in which he announced that he was basically reopening the case because they had newly discovered evidence which was evidence on the laptop shared by Huma Abedin and her husband Anthony Weiner. If the original investigation had been conducted properly they would have known about that laptop, and they would have known about the tens of thousands of emails that related to the earlier investigation.

It is inconceivable to me that they did not learn about that other device, given the fact that Huma Abedin was interviewed, she allegedly gave up certain devices — but apparently not this one.

It’s no wonder that people who I have spoken to inside the Bureau and outside the Bureau view Comey as a dirty cop because they believe he has brought disrepute on the agency. The letter he sent just shows how bad the first investigation was.

People in the FBI are very disappointed in Comey’s leadership. They believe that he is unfit to serve, they believe he has no moral authority to lead the Bureau, they believe that he has created a double standard of justice established by his investigation into Clinton, that he has undermined the rule of law, that he has no credibility, and that he has become an embarrassment to the Bureau.

That is generally the thought certainly among former Bureau people, and it is certainly among the field agents and among the people in that building in Washington. There just is no doubt that the manner in which he has conducted himself has really, really sent a shiver through that building. And had it not been for that letter that he sent the other day, that he would be probably be facing a joint-Congressional resolution of no confidence in his leadership of the Bureau.

He also goes on the say that he thinks Comey had no choice but to come forward with this latest revelation when they brought it to him.
Comey knew they were going to leak it, so he sent the letter out to Congressional committee about reopening the email investigation.

His azz is grass either way he went.
But he clearly fumbled the ball the first go round.

Also wonder if they (FBI investigators for the Wiener case) found some serious shit in there for them to go to Comey now, this close to election,  when they've known about the emails for weeks.

Stayed tuned..... minusculebiggrin

Here is the thing, in my opinion. When this story first came out, that Comey told congress the FBI had to look into Weiners computer... my first thought was he had been so far into Hillary's camp, did everything he could not to convict her of obvious crimes, crimes even he admitted were committed, going so far as to try and say well, there was no intent.. (which left me wondering what our court system would be like, if all you had to do was say "I didn't mean to" every time you committed a crime to get off the hook and walk away scott free - but that is beside the point) 

But because of his earlier behavior of being a Clinton sycophant instead of a man of the law, to me, it makes suspect this letter, and what the intent of it really is. 

I'm thinking this is Clinton's October surprise to make herself look good and clear her name just before the election, and Mr. Sycophant is more than happy to help.. this is NOT, in my opinion, going to make Clinton look bad in the end. 

Others, are of the opinion that this is Comey trying to salvage his legacy... (although I personally think there is not one thing in the world he could do to salvage it, short of saying I'm sorry for being a Clinton sycophant, here is the truth and she should rightfully be convicted for her crimes.)

I just don't trust this... I don't trust it at all. I'm waiting for all this to end up making Clinton looking and smelling like a rose.. she is in on this I believe..

There is just too much disconnect between his behavior previously, and his behavior now.. and the time frame isn't all that much.. for him to help Clinton get away with murder like that, I'm just not seeing him suddenly developing either a conscious or any respect for the law. 

But, for those who think he is trying to salvage his legacy, I guess we will see. Only a week left before the election. If they quickly clear her prior to the election this was hatched by her... if nothing comes of it until after, then they finally decide to convict her for gross negligence and obstruction of justice, then I'll believe this was legacy based.

Messages In This Thread
RE: More FBI agents speak out, say Comey purposely derailed Hillary email scandal - by Grace - 10-31-2016, 10:25 AM