Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
They're Coming To Take You Away, Ha-Haaa!
(11-17-2016, 03:55 PM)gordi Wrote: Banning the ads?

F A N T A S T I C  N E W S !

minusculebeercheers

Nay, my fine kilted friend! They'll not be getting rid of the ads, they'll just be getting rid of some they deem to be "fake news", and replacing them with propaganda outlets... erm, I mean "news sources", which they deem to be "true news" - all in an attempt to control the narrative as was one of the major premises of Orwell's "1984".

Think 1984 on electronic steroids, although Google, Facebook, etc. are probably at this instant hiring a small platoon of Winston Smiths in order to comb the internet and make sure that the artificial intelligences are not allowing yesterday's "true news" which has become today's "fake news" to slip through the cracks of the internet. They won't even have to burn old clippings - all they will have to do is delete some electrons, and yesterday will suddenly have been different than what you recall seeing with your eyes on the ground.

Nossir, the ads will still be there in all their glory - they'll just be designed to nudge you into believing that war is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength.

Orwell was not a visionary, he was a prophet.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: They're Coming To Take You Away, Ha-Haaa! - by Ninurta - 11-17-2016, 05:37 PM