Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump - We May Not Be Seeing Him For A While
(08-09-2020, 03:31 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 10:47 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 05:33 PM)Wallfire Wrote: As I said before, to defeat evil good must become more evil that the evil it fights. The questions are can Trump become more evil that that which he is fighting in order to defeat it and then return to good. Or will he end up been partly evil.
People who hunt evil to much will at  some point become evil.

The longer you stare into the Abyss, the longer it stare back into YOU.

Have you noticed that you can usually pick up on the personality of the boss, by observing those that work the closest to them?

When you work in a particular environment for too long, it starts to bleed into you, and you start to morph. That is why some toxic work places have shortened service times for retirement. We do become what we consume, on many levels.

Yeah, I've noticed that.

The last place I worked, I got "stepped down" from Team Lead, a manager position for a team of 25 people, because we didn't have enough agents to support the number of Team Leads we had, and I was low on the totem pole (which equates to seniority, "time in grade",  rather than ability, oddly enough), so myself and one other TL/TM  got "stepped down", back to agents, and the teams got redistributed.

My team all but mutinied.

3 other TL/TM's quit. Two of the higher ups got shit-canned, all because TPTB had no idea how to run a business.

My Team was pretty put out at that turn of events, and pulled together as a team to cover ME, because I had spent my entire career there covering THEM, backing them up, and they knew it. I still have the Christmas cards from some of them declaring it.

They screamed at MY boss. Not me, MY BOSS. Screamed. Literally screamed. I was there for that meeting, I saw it with my own eyes. They let their displeasure at the turn of events be known to the higher-ups at every opportunity.

I tried to talk them into staying (until I was back as TL/TM), as it was a temporary thing, but about half of them quit over it anyhow.

4 months later, I was back in the saddle, as I told them I would be, but by then half of them had already quit over it.

I shit you not, it was one of the few things to have occurred in this world that brought tears to my eyes. Even my boss saw my eyes running, but she was kind enough to never mention it to me, even when she got shit-canned and I fought TPTB over that.  I have rarely ever seen such loyalty, but it was entirely because they knew I had been loyal to them, and in my case I knew she had been loyal to me..

FWIW, my boss offered me a job at her new location, but I had to turn it down due to the distance involved.

TPTB sure fucked that instance up. It's what they do - TPTB has no loyalty.

ETA: some of my team are still around town, and are STILL loyal to me. It boggles my mind. I just don't know how to take it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump - We May Not Be Seeing Him For A While - by Wallfire - 08-08-2020, 05:33 PM
RE: Trump - We May Not Be Seeing Him For A While - by Ninurta - 08-09-2020, 09:00 AM