Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Londoner's, Keep your Mayor in Londom
(03-19-2018, 10:55 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 08:18 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...He's calling on private companies to curtail free speech, and as it is their platform, they can.
The First Amendment bars government from shutting us up. Private companies can do as they please with their own platforms. 

Yep, and that Amendment is something Khan cannot understand.
If his constant divisive 'write-about-whitey-leave-the-jihad-alone' rhetoric works in Britain, then why can't
it be rolled-out elsewhere?!

By using the victim narrative, he and his ideology can become separate and then is different from all the other
religions. Then it it could be argued, it is superior due to it's different status.

I have no idea why a purely-decorative post of 'Mayor of London' gives him the right to go to a Texan rally
and crow on about how information is offered around the world. Maybe it's because Silicon Valley is seen as
diverse and promotes the idea that women are equal to men.

Of course, that can be 'problematic' in certain areas of the UK.

Well, the fact is that under the US Constitution, Facebook et al have every right in the world to control their own platforms. The only recourse the rest of us have is to not use them. The US Constitution is meant only as a bar to governmental Interference with citizens' rights So, the government cannot say (although they more and more frequently do) "you can't say that - it's forbidden!", but private companies CAN (and often do) say "You can't use our platform to air your speech, because it is in opposition to ours" So if they want to take marching orders from a Muslim London mayor, they can. Khan has exactly NO rights in the US, under our Constitution, to say anything at all in Texas or elsewhere - he's not a US citizen, hence not covered by the US Constitution. But he can say whatever ho want if invited to do so by a private organization - the government cannot legally even say "BOO!" to it.

But that's another discussion.

His "victim" narrative carries precisely NO weight with me. I don't care what he has to say, nor do I care if he or his people are victims. They can see to that themselves.  A good place to start would be at home, IMHO. I could give him lessons in what "victimhood" really looks like (hint: it doesn't involve rising to political office), but I'm fairly certain he would fail to appreciate the lesson.

I've heard it said that when the Muslim population of a place rises to around 10%, strife starts in order to usher in sharia. Last time I checked (and this figure is probably dated) I heard it was around 8% in the UK.

All I can say is that a cricket bat works pretty good against Islamic bones, and it gives one more reach than an Islamic knife.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Londoner's, Keep your Mayor in Londom - by guohua - 03-14-2018, 02:50 AM
RE: Londoner's, Keep your Mayor in Londom - by Wallfire - 03-14-2018, 07:49 PM
RE: Londoner's, Keep your Mayor in Londom - by Ninurta - 03-21-2018, 08:39 AM
RE: Londoner's, Keep your Mayor in Londom - by Wallfire - 03-19-2018, 11:14 AM
RE: Londoner's, Keep your Mayor in Londom - by Wallfire - 03-23-2018, 03:46 PM