Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Advice about Samsung phones, dual sim and international.
Big Grin 
Hi all.

I need a new phone as my old samsung has stopped charging by port and I can't connect it anymore to my laptop.
I have been going over all the different phones , but would prefer to stick with samsung as I'm used to it.

I think as long as I'm able to also charge wireless , with a slot for a micro sd card , it should be good.
I would prefer also dual sim as I will be travelling .

So which phone should I get?
I just want something reliable that won't have any problems. 

Also, how to solve the problem that I now have with being unable to connect my current phone to my laptop (to transfer photos/movies)?

Thanks  minusculebiggrin
(09-08-2022, 04:52 AM)ancientlight Wrote: Hi all.

I need a new phone as my old samsung has stopped charging by port and I can't connect it anymore to my laptop.
I have been going over all the different phones , but would prefer to stick with samsung as I'm used to it.

I think as long as I'm able to also charge wireless , with a slot for a micro sd card , it should be good.
I would prefer also dual sim as I will be travelling .

So which phone should I get?
I just want something reliable that won't have any problems. 

Also, how to solve the problem that I now have with being unable to connect my current phone to my laptop (to transfer photos/movies)?

Thanks  minusculebiggrin

I wish I could help you. I hate smart phones. I think they are overly expensive, including the cost of service.

My little flip phone was more than adequate for me, but my job made it mandatory that I had a smart phone for the ease of communicating and transferring needed pdfs at a faster rate.

I never travel outside the US for work, so I am clueless on how the dual sim works.

The one thing that puzzles me about cell phones, is how poor folk and immigrants are able to afford them, and are able to get service in the middle of the desert, when I have to sell my first born to pay the exorbitant fees, and why I can see cell towers in every direction and still have trouble with getting and keeping a useable signal.

I went a little off topic there. 

My phone automatically attempts the transfer of files and media from my phone to my computer, when I connect the charger cord from my phone to the computer.

My new phone, the Moto stylus, forces me to choose if I want to charge or transfer data, which is a little different than all the other phones I have had.

So if you are having trouble with downloading or uploading pics to your phone, check to make sure your connection is set for data transfer.

I would look for a phone that had a long lasting battery and is able to quick charge. I am not into bells and whistles but I like the feature that allows me to turn on the flashlight with just a shake of the wrist, and the ability to send an emergency message with a double press of a button.

Wish I could be of more help.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Samsung makes good phones. I'm on my 2nd one and it's 4 years old now. I paid less than $100 for it brand new and it does everything I want it to other than a few of my apps no longer work due to the upgraded apps needing a newer OS. Last time Kdog needed a new phone he got one just like mine and he is rough on phones- this one has lasted longer than any other phone he's had. When it's time for new phones we will definitely go with Samsung. Sorry I can't make recommendations because I don't know anything about using dual SIM cards. I wish you luck! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(09-08-2022, 04:52 AM)ancientlight Wrote: So which phone should I get?

would prefer to stick with samsung as I'm used to it.

Well ... that was easy. <grin>

(09-08-2022, 04:52 AM)ancientlight Wrote: Also, how to solve the problem that I now have with being unable to connect my current phone to my laptop (to transfer photos/movies)?

When you go get your new Samsung, they'll transfer all of your data from your old one to your new one.

You usually get a discount on the device you're trading in. One day can make a difference in that value.

Do let us know what you decide and how you like it after you've got it in your handsies.
(09-09-2022, 12:23 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 04:52 AM)ancientlight Wrote: So which phone should I get?

would prefer to stick with samsung as I'm used to it.

Well ... that was easy. <grin>
I meant which version  , smartypants  tinysure minusculebiggrin
I asked at the samsung site, in help chat, got my answers.
Thanks for the replies everyone , feeling a bit lazy about replying  minusculebiggrin