Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some news out of China and Taiwan
Taiwan finally shot down a Chinese drone after warning via radio and even warning shots. I know there is not a desire to push the Chinese Dragon to hard but, I am of a mind I would make it a possibility that anyone violating Taiwan's Airspace will be fired upon and an announcement to that effect world wide would be issued.

On the other hand if I were Xi I would do the invasion as soon as possible considering the current crop of leadership of the western powers.

War is not nice and people are gonna die when this stuff kicks off... I have friends and have been to Taiwan many times in the past and I hate to think of people dying on the account of China's expansion goals.

During the next CCP party congress the whole building and all those within should be nothing but a smoking hole in the ground. Cut the head of the Dragon and it just becomes another dead snake.
(09-01-2022, 02:43 PM)727Sky Wrote: On the other hand if I were Xi I would do the invasion as soon as possible considering the current crop of leadership of the western powers.

I saw a simulation of what would happen only yesterday. Taiwan didn't last 24 hours.
(09-01-2022, 07:32 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 02:43 PM)727Sky Wrote: On the other hand if I were Xi I would do the invasion as soon as possible considering the current crop of leadership of the western powers.

I saw a simulation of what would happen only yesterday. Taiwan didn't last 24 hours.

BUT - we all know 2 immutable laws of nature:

1 - Simulations do not account for Mr. Murphy, and

2 - NO battle plan ever survives contact.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-01-2022, 10:15 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 07:32 PM)Snarl Wrote:

Taiwan didn't last 24 hours.

BUT 

Still ... Taiwan has the same chances a snowball has of surviving in Hell. I don't see a Ukrainian style stand-off in their cards.

And the outcome in The Ukraine is inevitable as well.  minusculebiggrin