Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tent Cities Are Taking Over Vast Stretches Of Our Major Cities
I'm sharing this from a post by Hans Schultz over on YubNub. It relates to survival in that this could happen in any area around the country, my own included. I'm not going to post this on ATS, not directly from the source of the article anyway. This article has plenty of source links and covers a lot of areas where this problem is occurring. Below are some highlights of that article.

Quote:Tent Cities Are Taking Over Vast Stretches Of Our Major Cities (And It Is Only Going To Get Worse)
Written by: Michael Snyder
Published on: August 19, 2022

If brighter days are ahead for the U.S. economy, why are so many tent cities popping up all over the nation?

. . . Tonight, hundreds of thousands of our fellow Americans will be sleeping in tents, under bridges, in overcrowded shelters or in their vehicles.  Of course there are many that are so addicted to drugs or alcohol that they just sleep wherever they end up passing out.  This is a tragedy that is growing with each passing day, and it is only going to get worse in the months ahead as the U.S. economy slows down even more.

. . . Portland was once such a beautiful place, but now it has literally been transformed into a hellhole.

Needless to say, Portland is far from alone.  From Seattle all the way down to San Diego, communities all along the west coast are being plagued by relentlessly growing encampments.  In many cases, such encampments are magnets for drug addicts and other societal outcasts.

But this is not just a west coast problem.
Let me give you are couple of examples.  In recent weeks, tent cities have been popping up all over Pittsburgh

. . . And in Fayetteville, North Carolina one burgeoning homeless camp recently made news because it features quite a few registered sex offenders…

. . . The stage is being set for a historic economic meltdown, and I would encourage you to do what you can to get prepared for it.

2008 and 2009 were extremely bitter. What is coming will likely be even worse.
And as the economy deteriorates, tent cities will continue to take over more neighborhoods all over America. But don’t look down on those that are living in tents. With a run of bad luck, you could be one of them too.

sonsoflibertymedia.com
(08-21-2022, 04:24 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: It relates to survival in that this could happen in any area around the country, my own included. 

The rent is too damned high!!

Don't know what to tell you, MSB. I've seen bunches of this.  It's a crisis ... and the MSM damned sure make no issue of it (for some reason).

I don't think we've got much longer.
It is not the first time that Americans have been refugee in their own country. The fact that the majority of it is playing out in California, makes it even more interesting.

Quote:Years of severe drought had ravaged millions of acres of farmland. Many migrants were enticed by flyers advertising jobs picking crops, according to the Library of Congress. And even though they were American-born, the Dust Bowl migrants still were viewed as intruders by many in California, who saw them as competing with longtime residents for work, which was hard to come by during the Great Depression. Others considered them parasites who would depend on government relief.

https://www.history.com/news/dust-bowl-m...california

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

When I saw the pictures in those articles I thought that the crowded sidewalks and trails were a bad choice to set up a campsite, or the empty parking lots, those looked like self made interment camps.

I'd be far enough away to be able to take a short hike to get water or other resources and be well out of sight from any roads or trails. I would never get in with a bunch of other homeless people where sanitation will be a problem and diseases can spread easily (not to mention the associated crime and violence in such an encampment).
(08-21-2022, 09:48 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: When I saw the pictures in those articles I thought that the crowded sidewalks and trails were a bad choice to set up a campsite, or the empty parking lots, those looked like self made interment camps.

I'd be far enough away to be able to take a short hike to get water or other resources and be well out of sight from any roads or trails. I would never get in with a bunch of other homeless people where sanitation will be a problem and diseases can spread easily (not to mention the associated crime and violence in such an encampment).

Not everyone can live that way. Especially women.

A good realistic look at life during that time is Kristin Hannah's novel, "The Four Winds".

Really good book, and it opens your eyes to a lot of things, that most of us never even think of.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers