Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
a possible future of America ?
(08-21-2022, 12:57 AM)727Sky Wrote:

I wish it wasn't, but I'm afraid this is where we're going.  Like he said, I'm glad I'll be dead but I am worried about my children and grandchildren.  I'm just pissed as F&*K at these assholes that have been moving us towards this for a long long time.
Personally, I think we are headed for a New Dark Age. That is what happens historically when empires collapse - they break up into regions, and there is no longer any overarching civilization to keep wide areas under one control. It happened in the Bronze Age Collapse around 1200 BC, It happened to Sumeria, to Babylon, to Assyria, to Egypt, to the Indus Valley, to the Mayans, and a great many others.

It's already happening, and no one - not the Russians, not the CCP, not the Democrats and not the Republicans... Not Trump, not BidenHarris, not Xi, Not Putin... NO ONE - can stop it. The Democrats, and a great many Republicans, are actually trying to accelerate the collapse as far as I can see. They are instead promoting division in an effort to grab as many areas of control as they can before the final collapse, and that ain't gonna work.

People seem to have an awe of technology, and expect it to keep society together, and keep civilization from collapsing, but it won't. It can't. It's only one blackout or short circuit or solar flare away from not even existing itself. Anyone placing their eggs into that basket need to be prepared for a lot of broken eggs. Technology can't save us, either, when it is so fragile itself.

What happens in Dark Ages is that areas suddenly find that central control is no longer there, and they must fend for themselves. The cavalry ain't coming. Think Britain in around 415 AD , when the Roman Empire was collapsing and told them they'd have to look after themselves from then forward. Lots of folks had gotten used to having Roman amenities around back then, too, and then they were gone.

Urban areas will become hell-holes. They always do. They do not have the resources to fend for themselves, and depend on everything they get to come from somewhere else. When it no longer comes, they descend into a chaos that makes "Escape From New York" look like a Sunday walk in the park.

When collapse comes, cities always fall first, because they are unable to support themselves without external supply lines. They fall, and are covered in dust until the next "civilization" comes to muck the world up again with centralization and build another city on their ruins. The denizens of urban areas escape the cities if they can (we are right now witnessing an exodus from several urban areas that are already collapsing), and try to go to other, less stricken, areas. Some bring value with them, and can find a place to fit in, but most do not, and end up in shallow graves or simply as buzzard-bait. They come to the hinterlands with conquest on their mind, survival of the fittest, and fail to realize that urban living has trained them to be unfit to survive. They have no concept of the hell and resistance they unleash upon themselves when trying to conquer an area where the people know the land much better than the invaders, and the resources of that area are at stake. When survival is at stake, the locals are not going to just let you waltz in and take theirs without a hell of a fight... and they know the folds of the land and the hidey-holes to launch attacks from much better than the invaders.

Look at Vercingetorix and the Conquest of Gaul. Yes, Caesar eventually took Gaul, but it was a years long, uphill, battle that he damn near lost due to Vercingetorix's scorched earth policies and over-extended Roman supply lines. When they couldn't get supplies, and Vercingetorix denied them the local produce to live off of, they almost had to throw in the towel - the most powerful empire on Earth at the time almost got their asses handed to them by back-woods rabble. If it hadn't been for events at Alesia, where Vercingetorix foolishly slacked on his scorched earth policies at the behest of a mother, and then foolishly again allowed himself to get buttoned up in the oppidium at Alesia allowing a siege he was unprepared for, he might have sent Caesar running home yipping with his tail tucked between his legs.

The Germans learned from that, and handed Rome's ass to it 60 years or so later at Teutoberg Forest. 350 years after that Rome was in full collapse and pulling it's occupation forces out of outlying areas of the empire, and letting them go to seed on their own. Eventually, the barbarians overran the gates of Rome itself.

Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky. It's just our turn to collapse.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-21-2022, 06:00 AM)wtbengineer Wrote: I wish it wasn't, but I'm afraid this is where we're going.

Rogan has some interest and appealing guests on his show. I have to agree, Dillon's probably hittin' the nail on the head here.

The travel restrictions will be the indicator that the bad guys have won.
(08-21-2022, 06:18 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Personally, I think we are headed for a New Dark Age. That is what happens historically when empires collapse - they break up into regions, and there is no longer any overarching civilization to keep wide areas under one control. It happened in the Bronze Age Collapse around 1200 BC, It happened to Sumeria, to Babylon, to Assyria, to Egypt, to the Indus Valley, to the Mayans, and a great many others.

It's already happening, and no one - not the Russians, not the CCP, not the Democrats and not the Republicans... Not Trump, not BidenHarris, not Xi, Not Putin... NO ONE - can stop it. The Democrats, and a great many Republicans, are actually trying to accelerate the collapse as far as I can see. They are instead promoting division in an effort to grab as many areas of control as they can before the final collapse, and that ain't gonna work.

People seem to have an awe of technology, and expect it to keep society together, and keep civilization from collapsing, but it won't. It can't. It's only one blackout or short circuit or solar flare away from not even existing itself. Anyone placing their eggs into that basket need to be prepared for a lot of broken eggs. Technology can't save us, either, when it is so fragile itself.

What happens in Dark Ages is that areas suddenly find that central control is no longer there, and they must fend for themselves. The cavalry ain't coming. Think Britain in around 415 AD , when the Roman Empire was collapsing and told them they'd have to look after themselves from then forward. Lots of folks had gotten used to having Roman amenities around back then, too, and then they were gone.

Urban areas will become hell-holes. They always do. They do not have the resources to fend for themselves, and depend on everything they get to come from somewhere else. When it no longer comes, they descend into a chaos that makes "Escape From New York" look like a Sunday walk in the park.

When collapse comes, cities always fall first, because they are unable to support themselves without external supply lines. They fall, and are covered in dust until the next "civilization" comes to muck the world up again with centralization and build another city on their ruins. The denizens of urban areas escape the cities if they can (we are right now witnessing an exodus from several urban areas that are already collapsing), and try to go to other, less stricken, areas. Some bring value with them, and can find a place to fit in, but most do not, and end up in shallow graves or simply as buzzard-bait. They come to the hinterlands with conquest on their mind, survival of the fittest, and fail to realize that urban living has trained them to be unfit to survive. They have no concept of the hell and resistance they unleash upon themselves when trying to conquer an area where the people know the land much better than the invaders, and the resources of that area are at stake. When survival is at stake, the locals are not going to just let you waltz in and take theirs without a hell of a fight... and they know the folds of the land and the hidey-holes to launch attacks from much better than the invaders.

Look at Vercingetorix and the Conquest of Gaul. Yes, Caesar eventually took Gaul, but it was a years long, uphill, battle that he damn near lost due to Vercingetorix's scorched earth policies and over-extended Roman supply lines. When they couldn't get supplies, and Vercingetorix denied them the local produce to live off of, they almost had to throw in the towel - the most powerful empire on Earth at the time almost got their asses handed to them by back-woods rabble. If it hadn't been for events at Alesia, where Vercingetorix foolishly slacked on his scorched earth policies at the behest of a mother, and then foolishly again allowed himself to get buttoned up in the oppidium at Alesia allowing a siege he was unprepared for, he might have sent Caesar running home yipping with his tail tucked between his legs.

The Germans learned from that, and handed Rome's ass to it 60 years or so later at Teutoberg Forest. 350 years after that Rome was in full collapse and pulling it's occupation forces out of outlying areas of the empire, and letting them go to seed on their own. Eventually, the barbarians overran the gates of Rome itself.

Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky. It's just our turn to collapse.

Quoting the whole damn thing.  Posts like yours are the reason I am a member of this site ... and one of the few reasons I come back to the Internet for much of anything at all.
(08-21-2022, 04:55 PM)Snarl Wrote: Quoting the whole damn thing.  Posts like yours are the reason I am a member of this site ... and one of the few reasons I come back to the Internet for much of anything at all.

Thanks. It helps to know that my megaposts are not just being tossed into the wind.

There is actually a lot more to the coming collapse than I put into that post, things that don't factor in historically. Pandemics and plagues have historically occurred when a region exceeds it's carrying capacity due to overpopulation, but we are treading new ground when governments actually start engineering viruses to unleash on the unsuspecting.

"Climate change" has been a factor of Earth ever since there has been an Earth, but this current psychological weaponization of natural occurrences against a population is an entirely new thing to contend with.

And now, recently, I've seen weaponization of alleged "water shortages", There IS NO shortage of water, there is only misdirection of what water is there, abuse of it, and that is exacerbated by the population overextension. The water is not getting to the people that need it, and is instead being diverted for industrial uses, for example. We have the same amount of water we have always had. Some water can be destroyed by breaking the molecular bonds into it's constituent components of hydrogen and oxygen, and the hydrogen produced thereby is light enough to escape the atmosphere into space, but the oxygen stays in much larger proportions. There just isn't very much of that destruction going on, and it is constantly being replenished by meteor and cometary debris impacts, just in the same way that the Earth originally got it's water, but in much lower frequency, so it stays relatively the same amount.

The biggest problems are industrial diversion of water and population expansion - populations are settling in areas that never had enough water for a large population to begin with, like the US southwest, and expecting the water there to magically expand to meet their needs, and that ain't gonna happen.

However, those three things - pandemics, "climate change", and water shortages - are being weaponized against the population in order to inspire fear in them, to make them easier to control. They are being blown all out of proportion to their actual threat to ramp up the fear, while at the same time the Overlords are doing nothing, NOTHING, to actually address the problems they are intentionally creating. If they actually addressed them, there would go their "big sticks' to thrash the populations into line with. Meanwhile, they are not actually addressing the real problem of overpopulation beyond carrying capacity that we are facing. No matter - Mother Nature will take care of that eventually. When populations expand beyond carrying capacity, Nature steps in to slap them back down to manageable levels. A whole lot of misery generally ensues.

Populations will only be governed by fear for so long before they strike back, and that is the miscalculation of the Overlords that we will all eventually pay for because we let them get away with it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Quote:Populations will only be governed by fear for so long before they strike back, and that is the miscalculation of the Overlords that we will all eventually pay for because we let them get away with it.
I read somewhere that all known civilizations seem to fall around 320 or 350 years, some from within some from outside influences/invaders.

I figure if and when America falls it will be from within as different factions rip the very fabric apart of the nation.
(08-22-2022, 01:05 PM)727Sky Wrote:
Quote:Populations will only be governed by fear for so long before they strike back, and that is the miscalculation of the Overlords that we will all eventually pay for because we let them get away with it.
I read somewhere that all known civilizations seem to fall around 320 or 350 years, some from within some from outside influences/invaders.

I figure if and when America falls it will be from within as different factions rip the very fabric apart of the nation.

Abraham Lincoln felt the same:

Quote:On Jan. 27, 1838, Lincoln spoke before the Young Men’s Lyceum of Springfield, Illinois, about "the perpetuation of our political institutions." During that address, he said: "At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

In Lincoln's case, he almost got 'er done by instigating  a 4 year long war of brother against brother.