Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steve Bannon found guilty of contempt of Congress
Steve Bannon found guilty in Jan. 6 contempt of Congress trial (nbcnews.com)

I know this will piss most of you all off, but I'm very glad they found him guilty. I can imagine how republicans would have screamed loud and hard if a democrat just ignored a subpoena. Of course, the son of a bitch won't get any prison time because he has woke ass friends (Trump) to keep him out of prison. I believe there is a lot of wokeism among the right wing, just as there is in the left wing. Bannon thinks he's above the rules, just like Trump. I can't stand the hypocrisy.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(07-22-2022, 08:56 PM)ChiefD Wrote: Steve Bannon found guilty in Jan. 6 contempt of Congress trial (nbcnews.com)

I know this will piss most of you all off, but I'm very glad they found him guilty. I can imagine how republicans would have screamed loud and hard if a democrat just ignored a subpoena. Of course, the son of a bitch won't get any prison time because he has woke ass friends (Trump) to keep him out of prison. I believe there is a lot of wokeism among the right wing, just as there is in the left wing. Bannon thinks he's above the rules, just like Trump. I can't stand the hypocrisy.

Our government has failed. We are standing on our last leg.

The inmates are running the asylum and we have all been hoodwinked into believing it is "right", "normal", and that we cannot do anything about it.

We are dying because we are waiting for a corrupt government to rescue us, and we are expecting someone else to step up to the plate to make the needed changes.

We bitch, rant and rave by the millions, yet not one person will stand up to fight against what  they know is wrong.

And if that brave soul stands up, they will be vilified, and cancelled.

Disney should have been shut down months ago. Not because they support the LGBT agenda, but because they support the minority and ignore what the majority say they want for their children.

When they stop listening, or caring, about what you think is right, what you want, and what you need, and you give into the coercion, it is the same as saying they are right, so we get what we deserve.

As much as we want to blame anything and everything else. We are where we are because we chose it, and we are getting exactly what we deserve.

My advice. Learn Chinese, and Russian, and exchange your currency to yen.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(07-22-2022, 08:56 PM)ChiefD Wrote: Steve Bannon found guilty in Jan. 6 contempt of Congress trial (nbcnews.com)

Cool, now do Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch
(07-22-2022, 10:17 PM)Jinmi Wrote:

Cool, now do Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch

They should start at the top.

It is almost impossible to clean up a mess, without making a mess. Especially, if you want it done quickly.

We can't afford a complete demolition at one go, but we can't afford to just remove and replace the furniture as a viable solution, if we are going to save this country.

We are all waiting for the sthtf, well those droplets snacking us in the face, is not rain.

• minusculebeercheers 

No, he won't get any prison time because it is not an imprisonable offence. It's a misdemeanor, not a felony. 30 days in the local pokey is the suggested punishment for Misdemeanor Ignoring the Overlords. I expect that when the dust settles, he will get 30 days in jail, two counts running concurrently rather than consecutively, and that is a small price to pay for standing up for one's rights. Other folks have paid a lot higher price to secure those rights.

Yes, I said "rights". I explained that in this post, the relevant portion of which is this:

Quote:Here is an example of a right, one that is not specifically mentioned in the Constitution or BoR, but one which exists all the same. You have the right to remain silent. That is implicated by your right to privacy and your right to free association - no one, government or not, can ever force you to talk with them if you are not of a mind to speak to or associate with them. Be that as it may, government will definitely try to force you to speak against your will. They believe they have some sort of "right" to force you to speak in all but certain very limited circumstances. Courts will hold you in contempt and jail you indefinitely if you refuse to speak to them until you come around to their way of thinking and talk to them. You still have an absolute right to refuse to speak, no matter the circumstances, and that is entirely dependent on your will to enforce it. They will punish the hell out of you as a coercive measure, but they cannot, EVER, force you to talk to them if you have a steadfast desire not to talk, and one you are willing to enforce by simply not speaking.

Now, government will say "No, no, no, that ain't how it works. You only have a right to remain silent if communication will incriminate yourself, or if it is a privileged communication" - but that is utter, complete, and unmitigated bullshit. Government does not get to issue my rights, therefore neither do they get to "define" them. That would be the same thing as allowing government to issue the rights in the first place if they get to shape them with clever wording. In the matter of "privileged" communications, do I really need to say more? "Privilege" instead of "RIGHTS" is built right into the phrase for cryin' out loud! Fact is, NO ONE ELSE, not government, not anyone, gets to tell me when I have to open MY mouth and push air past MY vocal chords, nor do they get to tell me when I CAN'T speak. They do not get to tell me when or whom I MUST speak with any more than they get to tell me when or with whom I CAN'T speak to. Those rights are mine and mine alone.

As a matter of fact, Steve Bannon is undergoing trial for exercising that very right this very instant, and I think government is about to deliver a verdict momentarily. Regardless of that verdict, it can in no way affect his right to remain silent, no matter what the verdict is. That right cannot be taken away from him if he is willing to enforce it regardless of the coercive measures taken by government to attempt to deny that right. Government did not give him that right, and it is not governmental property to take from him.

ETA; Steve Bannon just found guilty of refusing to talk to the government. Now we will see just how far he is willing to go to enforce his own rights, whether governmental coercion works on him or not. Peter Navarro's test of his own rights is up next.

Now Bannon, in this case, took the wrong tactic to defend his rights by asserting "executive privilege". A "privilege" is issued to you by the government, and therefore may be revoked by them at will. Instead, his defense would have been on firmer ground if he simply said "I have a right not to speak with anyone I don't want to, and I have a right not to associate with anyone I don't want to. I choose not to speak or associate with a congressional witch-burning." and then declared himself to be a political prisoner in a government gulag when they jail him. When they do, they are demonstrating that there is NO difference between them and Stalin when he marched folks to gulags in the Soviet Union. It is a purely political punishment for a purely political action in a purely political "hearing" designed solely to punish political opponents. Textbook definition of a political prisoner, which is something the US used to stand against many years ago when I was a young man.

They would have of course whomped him anyhow, because the Overlords always suffer a fit of pique when anyone tells them to go pound sand, they are not to sort of people he wants to associate with. Still, I would have had more respect for his stance had he demonstrated an understanding of "rights" rather than fall back on the weaker concept of "privilege". When you start playing by THEIR rules, which an assertion of "privilege" most certainly is, you lose the initiative and hand it over to them on a silver platter. There are no percentages in giving your opponent the initiative and letting them set the rules for YOUR rights.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-22-2022, 11:24 PM)Ninurta. Wrote:
Quote:ETA; Steve Bannon just found guilty of refusing to talk to the government. Now we will see just how far he is willing to go to enforce his own rights, whether governmental coercion works on him or not. Peter Navarro's test of his own rights is up next.

Now Bannon, in this case, took the wrong tactic to defend his rights by asserting "executive privilege". A "privilege" is issued to you by the government, and therefore may be revoked by them at will. Instead, his defense would have been on firmer ground if he simply said "I have a right not to speak with anyone I don't want to, and I have a right not to associate with anyone I don't want to. I choose not to speak or associate with a congressional witch-burning." and then declared himself to be a political prisoner in a government gulag when they jail him. When they do, they are demonstrating that there is NO difference between them and Stalin when he marched folks to gulags in the Soviet Union. It is a purely political punishment for a purely political action in a purely political "hearing" designed solely to punish political opponents. Textbook definition of a political prisoner, which is something the US used to stand against many years ago when I was a young man.

They would have of course whomped him anyhow, because the Overlords always suffer a fit of pique when anyone tells them to go pound sand, they are not to sort of people he wants to associate with. Still, I would have had more respect for his stance had he demonstrated an understanding of "rights" rather than fall back on the weaker concept of "privilege". When you start playing by THEIR rules, which an assertion of "privilege" most certainly is, you lose the initiative and hand it over to them on a silver platter. There are no percentages in giving your opponent the initiative and letting them set the rules for YOUR rights.

I think the time is near when we each are going to have make that decision.

Taking a stand is easy. Remaining on your feet takes more than conviction and courage.

You have to fear kneeling more than you fear standing.

At this stage of the game I fear living in this world man has created, and where he plans to take us, more than I do dying.

• minusculebeercheers 

(07-22-2022, 11:54 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I think the time is near when we each are going to have make that decision.

Taking a stand is easy. Remaining on your feet takes more than conviction and courage.

At this stage of the game I fear living in this world man has created, and where he plans to take us, more than I do dying.

I have always said, ever since I was a teenage mutant ninja hillbilly newly capable of forming political thought, that I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

I still stand by that, to this day. Tomorrow, I slip another year chit under my belt, and to be honest I am truly surprised that I am still standing at all. I really expected to die a lot younger than this, and have to wonder why in the world I'm still sticking around this far past my "best used by" date. It's nothing short of miraculous to my mind, all things in the past considered. Maybe all that has gone before was just training for what's coming ahead.

I failed to make a plan for living this long because I was pretty sure I wouldn't. Yet here I am, so I take it as it comes, each day to itself.

When you take a stand, you are not always going to remain standing. The facts are revealed in how well you can take the kicks and punches once they drag you down.

Beyond that, truth is revealed in whether or not you get back up, and dare the bastards to try it again, whether you stick to your guns despite everything they think they can do to you.

But you can NEVER expect to stay on your feet the whole time you are taking that stand. Sometimes, you cannot stand solid like an oak, you have to instead flow like water until you can stand up again downstream, and take another run at it. When they stick the knife in, you just have to flow past it until it's far upstream, and you can stand solid again like the oak.

But you NEVER give up, you NEVER give in, and you NEVER stop running at it until you get to the finish line.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-23-2022, 12:16 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 11:54 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I think the time is near when we each are going to have make that decision.

I have always said, ever since I was a teenage mutant ninja hillbilly newly capable of forming political thought, that I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

I still stand by that, to this day. Tomorrow, I slip another year chit under my belt, and to be honest I am truly surprised that I am still standing at all. I really expected to die a lot younger than this, and have to wonder why in the world I'm still sticking around. It's nothing short of miraculous to my mind, all things in the past considered. Maybe all that has gone before was just training for what's coming ahead.

I failed to make a plan for living this long, yet here I am, so I take it as it comes, each day to itself.

When you take a stand, you are not always going to remain standing. The facts are revealed in how well you can take the kicks and punches once they drag you down.

Beyond that, truth is revealed in whether or not you get back up, and dare the bastards to try it again.

But you can NEVER expect to stay on your feet the whole time you are taking that stand. Sometimes, you cannot stand solid like an oak, you have to instead flow like water until you can stand up again downstream, and take another run at it.

But you NEVER give up, you NEVER give in, and you NEVER stop running at it until you get to the finish line.

I don't want to sound like a braggart. I am not pretending to be noble, or brave.

If my Mother can be trusted, I have been a rebellious little shit, from the time I was born.

I had the crap beat out me by the biggest bully in the town. Then went back the next day, and beat the shit out him while he was sitting on his bike. I knew I couldn't let him up, so I didn't. He finally got off his bike and ran away. He made a deal with me to get his bike back, and we became good friends.

I soon became known around town as that crazy girl. Funny thing is that now, all these years later, I have a neighbor that warns all the new folk to be careful of me, because I am crazy. Now that is only because I told him if I caught him stealing dirt off my land again I was going to shoot him, and he knew I meant it.

I was born stiff necked and determined. I know it is not easy for most people. They have been told all their lives that the best approach is to go along and get along. 

I always scored high on the "works and plays well with others" box on my report card, and always scored low on the respect for authority category.

"Because I said so", was never an acceptable response for me. So yeah, I am used to paying the price for noncompliance. 

My mother said I almost killed her, and me, fighting to not come into this world. Looks like I am going to have to fight when leaving as well.

• minusculebeercheers 

Navy boy will likely only get a few weeks in jail. Just like the first time back in 2020 when he went on a several rants on his WarRoom show slamming Henry Kissinger. After release, no more talking about Kissinger & Associates.

Bannon is the opposite of woke. He's a populist. I'd still vote for him over any woke democrat. However, circa 2015 he started going off the rails and still hasn't found his way back.

US Cardinal Raymond Burke, patron of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta and adversary to Pope Francis, once sat on the board of "Dignitatis Humanae Instititute", (a Catholic-fundamentalist think-tank) but, resigned due to the Institute's goals becoming increasingly aligned with another member's politics...

The member was Steve Bannon.  tinywhat

Outside the political theatrics the part about Bannon that blew my mind is he's been a follower and initiate of G.I. Gurdjieff teachings for the past 40 years! When he was in the Navy he mapped out an entire set of ports & cities where he could access theosophical libraries, societies and meetings.

Navy
Goldman-Sachs
Movie producer
Setting up a bio-dome experiment on how humans would live
Creates Brietbart
Campaign architect for Trump campaign
2020 - Bannon is back in Trump's corner
Accused of border wall shenagians; involvement with a Chinese billionaire
Gets a full pardon from Trump
Now, another bogus charge concerning Jan 6 circus setup
Needless to say Bannon has a mixed track record in political affairs.

Bannon spent 6 months training with Jacob Needleman (who popularized the term 'new religious movements') in the mountains of Calif and he is one of the top writers on George Gurdjieff and runs his own Gurdjieff groups.

The Mystical Steve Bannon

What is it that gets Bannon deep into Gurdjieff studies?? He has a very deep history of the mystery school ideal But, how the hell did he go so far off the political rails??
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

I'm happy that some find joy in political prosecution.

Up next, social credit scores.

United States of China, I've already started changing my documentation.
(07-23-2022, 05:55 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: United States of China, I've already started changing my documentation.

Me too.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11653]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's perfect because now Bannon and Lawyers will get an easy Appeal and the Case Dismissed.

Great setup on Bannon's part.

Obvious because lawyers would have won a change of venue motion away from an obvious biased jury selection pool 
tinycool

[Image: Buffy-Slap4.gif]
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]

A couple things:

1. You're WAY off the "reservation" with your usage of the word 'Woke' in this context!

2. Secondly, I have exactly ZERO issue with trying (in a court of law), convicting and jailing law breakers, especially those who go to great lengths to avoid the law.  I don't give a shit what color armband they wear!  Even better if they are connected with the political machine in DC.  However, where I have a MAJOR issue is...the rules ain't the same for both sides.  Killary and about 50 others should be cooling their heels in the same gulag Bannon should be in...and they never even got tried, let alone convicted!  That is bullshit, with a capital "B"!  Furthermore, the 'witch hunt' going on by the left for the Trump tribe is so far out of control it is incomprehensible to me.  Until there is "balance" in this whole muck-raking thing, the left needs to put a sock in it!  (i.e. they need to get their 'breech' sealed with a nuclear powered RAM-ROD, IMNSHO!)

3. Thirdly, the people of the left have exactly ZERO room to talk when their leadership not just openly permit, but actively and publicly encourage, lynch mobs and terrorists to terrorize justices of the highest court in the land when they don't get their way, justices over the same justice system they demand vengeance from!  THAT, is hypocrisy of the highest order!  Period.

Until items #2 and #3 happen, the left needs to STFU!
(07-26-2022, 05:05 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: A couple things:

1. You're WAY off the "reservation" with your usage of the word 'Woke' in this context!

2. Secondly, I have exactly ZERO issue with trying (in a court of law), convicting and jailing law breakers, especially those who go to great lengths to avoid the law.  I don't give a shit what color armband they wear!  Even better if they are connected with the political machine in DC.  However, where I have a MAJOR issue is...the rules ain't the same for both sides.  Killary and about 50 others should be cooling their heels in the same gulag Bannon should be in...and they never even got tried, let alone convicted!  That is bullshit, with a capital "B"!  Furthermore, the 'witch hunt' going on by the left for the Trump tribe is so far out of control it is incomprehensible to me.  Until there is "balance" in this whole muck-raking thing, the left needs to put a sock in it!  (i.e. they need to get their 'breech' sealed with a nuclear powered RAM-ROD, IMNSHO!)

3. Thirdly, the people of the left have exactly ZERO room to talk when their leadership not just openly permit, but actively and publicly encourage, lynch mobs and terrorists to terrorize justices of the highest court in the land when they don't get their way, justices over the same justice system they demand vengeance from!  THAT, is hypocrisy of the highest order!  Period.

Agreed, with the additional observation that it is ALREADY a felony both federally and in VA - I dunno about MD - to attempt to intimidate either a judge or a witness to get them to change their tune and forsake the law as it is written... yet so far, I've not seen a single soul out of the mob get prosecuted for it. One guy IS cooling his heels, but that is for attempted murder of Kavanaugh, not for intimidation or justice tampering.

I'm very disappointed in our new VA governor and AG because of that. The Feds I would expect it from, because their pets never get anything but bail money from them, but I expected more from the new VA administration.

Until justice is again applied evenly to all, there IS no justice. This is the most unjust I have ever seen American society get in all my decades on this planet. back in the day, they had a name for it when the Soviets targeted political enemies (while letting your own cronies and henchmen skate) like the US Democrats are doing now. We used to frown on that sort of behavior, but it seems to be standard American practice now.

How is it that January 6th protesters (those who survived the ordeal, anyhow, and didn't get shot in the neck by an overzealous chickenshit Capitol goon) are in a lockdown gulag incommunicado, as if they were shipped off to Gitmo, but these protesters, also attacking government officials and trying to intimidate them, have a get out of jail free card when they are clearly committing felonies? THERE is all the evidence you need that American Justice only swings one way.

(07-26-2022, 07:41 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 05:05 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: A couple things:

Agreed, with the additional observation that it is ALREADY a felony both federally and in VA - I dunno about MD - to attempt to intimidate either a judge or a witness to get them to change their tune and forsake the law as it is written... yet so far, I've not seen a single soul out of the mob get prosecuted for it. One guy IS cooling his heels, but that is for attempted murder of Kavanaugh, not for intimidation or justice tampering.

I'm very disappointed in our new VA governor and AG because of that. The Feds I would expect it from, because their pets never get anything but bail money from them, but I expected more from the new VA administration.

Until justice is again applied evenly to all, there IS no justice. This is the most unjust I have ever seen American society get in all my decades on this planet. back in the day, they had a name for it when the Soviets targeted political enemies (while letting your own cronies and henchmen skate) like the US Democrats are doing now. We used to frown on that sort of behavior, but it seems to be standard American practice now.

How is it that January 6th protesters (those who survived the ordeal, anyhow, and didn't get shot in the neck by an overzealous chickenshit Capitol goon) are in a lockdown gulag incommunicado, as if they were shipped off to Gitmo, but these protesters, also attacking government officials and trying to intimidate them, have a get out of jail free card when they are clearly committing felonies? THERE is all the evidence you need that American Justice only swings one way.

I know some may think me biased on this next statement, but I am truly not being biased when I say...in many ways the ongoing intimidation of the Supreme Court Justices is actually worse than the events which happened on Jan 6th (trumped up as it is).  For one thing, it is ongoing, not just a one-time thing.  And, for another, it is far more egregious with specific threats of death and grave bodily harm directed at individual people; the events of the 6th was more general in nature and these events against the Justices are, well, personal.  To me, those types of actions are much more clearly defined as a "Threat" and/or "Threatening behavior" than the events of Jan 6th ever were (despite how the left may attempt to characterize them).

I will readily acknowledge these events are a real 'hot-button' for me, probably more so than any other single political events I can recall in the past.  And, I absolutely reject the notion the left feel like they have any room to utter even a single political word until they rectify this behavior in short order in such a way that it NEVER happens again!

That is all.
Some good observations. I knew my post would be offensive to some and piss people off. I have no problem with that. I agree to disagree with most of you on this. I feel the same way about the far right as some of you do about the far left. If we all agreed on everything, life sure would be boring and stagnant. 

Just know that regardless of my offensive opinions (and you know what they say about opinions!) I have much respect and love for you all. Thanks for the replies.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(07-26-2022, 09:25 PM)ChiefD Wrote: Some good observations. I knew my post would be offensive to some and piss people off. I have no problem with that. I agree to disagree with most of you on this. I feel the same way about the far right as some of you do about the far left. If we all agreed on everything, life sure would be boring and stagnant. 

Just know that regardless of my offensive opinions (and you know what they say about opinions!) I have much respect and love for you all. Thanks for the replies.

Still honored among Rogues. Just sayin.

[Image: yubDqoX.jpg]

minusculebeercheers
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(07-26-2022, 09:25 PM)ChiefD Wrote: Some good observations. I knew my post would be offensive to some and piss people off. I have no problem with that. I agree to disagree with most of you on this. I feel the same way about the far right as some of you do about the far left. If we all agreed on everything, life sure would be boring and stagnant. 

Your post made me laugh, because it made me think of some of the conversations I have with a few of my friends and siblings, that I am almost always in conflict with when it come to current affairs. We know before we open our mouths that we are not going to agree, and that any conversation will be just a lively, and possibly loud, sharing of dissenting ideas, and beliefs.

We often sound like a pack of Huskies at play. Those that are not familiar with us, may make the mistake of thinking we are arguing or fighting with each other. When it could not be further from the truth. We always, always, end up laughing, even when we vehemently disagree.

I, like you, feel the same way about my fellow rogues. We will not always agree, but I will continue to love them, and respect their point of views.

I am not so rigid in what I believe based on information I receive from others, especially when the information comes from the media or the internet, that I am not willing to hear an opposing view. I love hearing an opposing point of view, because often times I learn from them.

I don't think you have to worry much about offending anyone as long as you are not making personal attacks. Something you don't see much of here at RN. Which makes being here so much more pleasant than many of the other forums.

• minusculebeercheers