Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Polio Viral Threat
https://www.the-sun.com/health/5831003/p...-new-york/
Quote:VIRAL THREAT
Polio outbreak fears after case detected in New York’s Rockland County despite US being ‘free’ of deadly virus for 40yr
FEARS are mounting over a potential polio outbreak following a confirmed case in New York State - despite the US being declared "free" of the deadly virus four decades ago.
The case was detected in a patient in Rockland County, the New York State Department of Health announced on Thursday.
[Image: NINTCHDBPICT000748674655.jpg]
A patient in New York State has tested positive for PolioCredit: Getty Images - Getty
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the US has been polio-free for more than 40 years, without an originated case since 1979.
However, the CDC reports that the virus can be brought over by a traveler from a different country - as was the case in 1993, the last time polio was detected in the US.
According to the NYSDOH, the latest case may have originated outside the country, as the patient received the oral polio vaccine, which is not authorized or administered in the US.
Officials did not immediately offer details on who the Rockland County resident was or their current condition.

Read more health stories

[Image: la-monkeypox-cases-update-comp.jpg?strip...240&crop=1]
[/url]VIRAL SPREAD
Monkeypox cases hit 2,323 in the US as new infections are detected

[Image: la-what-is-paxlovid-COMP.jpg?strip=all&w...240&crop=1]
'PROMISING DATA'
Pfizer's Covid-19 drug Paxlovid explained
[url=https://www.the-sun.com/health/4324655/pfizers-covid-antiviral-pill-paxlovid-explained/]
"The fact that it [polio] is still around decades after the vaccine was created shows you just how relentless it is," County Executive Ed Day said.
OUTBREAK FEARS
The US is among the more than 100 countries that do not meet the recommended vaccine coverage thresholds to control a potential outbreak of polio.
According to data from the CDC, about 93 percent of American children are vaccinated against polio by their second birthday, falling short of the World Health Organization's threshold of 95 percent.
During the early 1950s, the disabling and life-threatening disease was once one of the most feared viruses in the US.

The virus can affect the neurologic system, cause muscle weakness and, in some instances, result in paralysis or death.
Cases typically occur when the virus enters the body through the mouth, usually from hands contaminated with the fecal matter of an infected person.
Respiratory and oral transmission through saliva may also account for some cases.
Symptoms, which can take up to 30 days to appear, can be mild and flu-like, including fatigue, fever, headache, stiffness, muscle pain and vomiting.

Before the vaccines were available in the mid-50s, polio outbreaks caused more than 15,000 cases of paralysis each year.
The confirmed Polio case is just the latest virus to reemerge in the US, as the nation is in the midst of a monkeypox outbreak.

The latest update by the CDC on Friday brings the nation's total cases to 2,323, just months after the first US case was detected in May.

New York has been struck the hardest with 581 confirmed cases, followed by California with 356 and Illinois and Florida with 208.
I hope that person will be okay. My Mom got polio when she was 2 years old in 1946. 

I was kind of stunned when I heard the person got the oral polio vaccine. When I was in Navy Reserves, in the early 2000’s, I got, out of several vaccines there, an oral polio one on a drill weekend. I recall asking about it. Apparently there was an government surplus of it so they were using it on reservists. Yah, only the best for us reservists (sarcasm font here). So it has been used in the United States. Of course, I’ve had the injection for polio. My Mom made damn sure I got that one.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
Is testing for polio a standard test seeing as though polio has been gone from the usa for 40 years?
(07-22-2022, 02:16 AM)Brotherman Wrote: Is testing for polio a standard test seeing as though polio has been gone from the usa for 40 years?

Nope. Not since year 2000 when the Polio vax ended. However, this may vary from state to state as it's not federally mandated.

Since you're from parts unknown Pennsylvania you might have heard of "father of mass vaccination" and a big inspiration for Bill Gates.

[Image: FpdgJiB.jpg]

Quote:After successful tests on laboratory animals, on July 2, 1952, assisted by the staff at the D.T. Watson Home for Crippled Children (now the Watson Institute), Salk injected 43 children with his killed-virus vaccine. A few weeks later, Jonas Salk injected children at the Polk State School for the Retarded and Feeble-minded. He vaccinated his own children in 1953. In 1954 he tested the vaccine on about one million children, known as the polio pioneers. The vaccine was announced as safe on April 12, 1955.

The Survival of the Wisest (1973) by Jonas Salk (virologist known for developing the Polio vax); he says at the end of his book that the elites are those who practice science evolution as a movement of nature that requires the scientifically priests and lab coats to commandeer it and to steer it thereby place environmental pressures to toxify and experiment on those in the environment to further evolution.

Operation Dark Winter, June 22-23, 2001, the pandemic exercise on the 6-year anniversary of Jonas Salk’s death.

The first organism that had its full genetic map sequenced as of 2001 was Anthrax.

Crazy. The gov't wanted to sequence Anthrax before September 11, 2001.
And what happened a few weeks after 9/11? Anthrax letters. And who was talking up a storm about bio attacks using Anthrax a week prior to 9/11 and also on that tragic day?? Yes, Sen. Joe Biden.

I remember Gates & that WHO warlord celebrating they eradicated Polio off the Earth in 2020. We're surrounded by psychopaths.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Just a word of caution about this story...

The case(s) being reported come from an area in NY where there has historically been a high percentage of vaccine resistance (meaning a general unwillingness to get vaccinated), for whatever reason/disease.

Consequently, this Polio development may not have a lot of statistical prediction reliability outside of the demographic group data-set where the outbreak was detected.
(07-22-2022, 10:48 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: Just a word of caution about this story...

The case(s) being reported come from an area in NY where there has historically been a high percentage of vaccine resistance (meaning a general unwillingness to get vaccinated), for whatever reason/disease.

Consequently, this Polio development may not have a lot of statistical prediction reliability outside of the demographic group data-set where the outbreak was detected.

Either that or one of the 7 million illegals being imported by Biden is a spreader