Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Being an empath
I can't be the only one out there who considers themselves an empath. Meaning that people who are empaths feel in a very raw personal way the emotions of others, like a physical thing, maybe being pushed or being slapped in the face. Or it can be a gentle thing like a butterfly flitting on you for a moment and you feel so happy. 

So being an empath is definitely a double edged sword. I think in some ways empaths are also introverts. We may be pretty quiet and insular, not to mean we are stuck up as so many people think. We feel so very hard whether for good or for bad. If someone we are near is really happy and content, we feel that joy so much that it's almost a physical sensation. We feel like we have sunshine in our bodies, all encompassing. We want to join in on their joy and tell them how happy we are that they are happy.

Then there's the dark side. Someone is suffering, going through a difficult time, may be on the brink of falling off the figurative cliff. We feel that too. We soak it up like a dry sponge, taking it all in. And the feelings we have as a result are daunting to say the least. We feel like we want to save them from the negativity, want to be there to rescue them from whatever is ailing them and pull them from the brink. This is a dangerous way to feel. Believe me, I know all too well this feeling. If someone is really angry, we feel like we want to lash out. If they are very sad or remorseful, we feel like we're being dragged into hell. This can cause very bad emotions, sometimes even feeling suicidal. Because we feel overwhelmed, like we're being dragged out into the ocean and we're going to drown and nobody can help. 

If I were poetic, I'd write a poem about it. Because in a way, it is pretty poetic. Poetry can be all emotions, including all the negative ones. When I'm feeling very strong emotions, I like to write about them. It's cathartic to spell it all out. It helps to keep it from accumulating like a cancer. 

So just know when I read some of your posts, I am feeling it all, and it's okay. Because that's how I live my life. I experience it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly. In a way, it does make me stronger, because I try to channel the emotions the best way I can. 

And for some of us who are empaths, depression meds and therapy are great tools to deal with everything. I now feel a lot less guilty that these tools are what I need in my life to just deal with life.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(06-10-2022, 11:20 PM)ChiefD Wrote: I can't be the only one out there who considers themselves an empath. Meaning that people who are empaths feel in a very raw personal way the emotions of others, like a physical thing, maybe being pushed or being slapped in the face. Or it can be a gentle thing like a butterfly flitting on you for a moment and you feel so happy. 

So being an empath is definitely a double edged sword. I think in some ways empaths are also introverts. We may be pretty quiet and insular, not to mean we are stuck up as so many people think. We feel so very hard whether for good or for bad. If someone we are near is really happy and content, we feel that joy so much that it's almost a physical sensation. We feel like we have sunshine in our bodies, all encompassing. We want to join in on their joy and tell them how happy we are that they are happy.

Then there's the dark side. Someone is suffering, going through a difficult time, may be on the brink of falling off the figurative cliff. We feel that too. We soak it up like a dry sponge, taking it all in. And the feelings we have as a result are daunting to say the least. We feel like we want to save them from the negativity, want to be there to rescue them from whatever is ailing them and pull them from the brink. This is a dangerous way to feel. Believe me, I know all too well this feeling. If someone is really angry, we feel like we want to lash out. If they are very sad or remorseful, we feel like we're being dragged into hell. This can cause very bad emotions, sometimes even feeling suicidal. Because we feel overwhelmed, like we're being dragged out into the ocean and we're going to drown and nobody can help. 

If I were poetic, I'd write a poem about it. Because in a way, it is pretty poetic. Poetry can be all emotions, including all the negative ones. When I'm feeling very strong emotions, I like to write about them. It's cathartic to spell it all out. It helps to keep it from accumulating like a cancer. 

So just know when I read some of your posts, I am feeling it all, and it's okay. Because that's how I live my life. I experience it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly. In a way, it does make me stronger, because I try to channel the emotions the best way I can. 

And for some of us who are empaths, depression meds and therapy are great tools to deal with everything. I now feel a lot less guilty that these tools are what I need in my life to just deal with life.

Not sure I am an Empath, but I am damn good at reading people.

Even animals. That is why my neighbors and friends call me jokingly, Dr. Doolittle.

Wild animals will walk up to me for help. Had a baby squirrel that fell from a tree. He ran right over, sat on my foot, he would not be put off, and held onto me for dear life.

Raising a baby squirrel is not cheap, and takes up a lot of time. But Rocky became a member of the family.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Do not take hardly anything I say as serious as I am usually FOS but I do read allot. hahaha

There are Psychic vampires which are rare but they do exist..drama queens or whatever you want to call them exist by whatever name you want to call them.... I have always found them amusing... Very few things can toughen you up (force field at full power) as being stuck in a cockpit for a month with someone very undesirable as a companion. The three "Fs" fighting, F-ing, and fishing gets old for me very quickly. Yet I could endure and the companion never knew I thought them one step above a maggot.

Being an empath is because someone cares enough to take notice IMO instead of being blissfully ignorant and not giving a shit.. hahahaha 

I think this whole little rant thing is due to some of the guys I have to play golf with who become real drama queens when they are losing. But like I said, I don't really give a shit so just give me my winnings and better luck next time as I smile and take what is due !! hahahah

some people create their own problems through full blown stupid-ness. Dropped out of school and wonder why they can not get a job that pays them enough to have a decent life.

Decisions of youth can mess up a life permanently... Like I said disregard everything I have said.... as surly I am just typing to see my two fingers type !! hahahah
(06-11-2022, 06:42 AM)727Sky Wrote: Do not take hardly anything I say as serious as I am usually FOS but I do read allot. hahaha

There are Psychic vampires which are rare but they do exist..drama queens or whatever you want to call them exist by whatever name you want to call them.... I have always found them amusing... Very few things can toughen you up (force field at full power) as being stuck in a cockpit for a month with someone very undesirable as a companion. The three "Fs" fighting, F-ing, and fishing gets old for me very quickly. Yet I could endure and the companion never knew I thought them one step above a maggot.

Being an empath is because someone cares enough to take notice IMO instead of being blissfully ignorant and not giving a shit.. hahahaha 

I think this whole little rant thing is due to some of the guys I have to play golf with who become real drama queens when they are losing. But like I said, I don't really give a shit so just give me my winnings and better luck next time as I smile and take what is due !! hahahah

some people create their own problems through full blown stupid-ness. Dropped out of school and wonder why they can not get a job that pays them enough to have a decent life.

Decisions of youth can mess up a life permanently... Like I said disregard everything I have said.... as surly I am just typing to see my two fingers type !! hahahah

Yeah. I think we just went through a long exposure to psychic vampires, having had to deal with the non stop coverage of the JD and AH trial.
tinycool

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers