Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Was Proven Wrong
I have this old thermometer right above our thermostat. I trusted it with my life over what the thermostat said. 

Yesterday, to prove my wife wrong that it was not accurate, I bought a digital indoor-outdoor thermometer . 

To much my disappointment, it proved me wrong by being off at least 8 degrees or more. 

I concede. 

Lets hear the collective Hmhmmm from all the women here. 

minusculebonker
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(06-09-2022, 12:25 AM)kdog Wrote: I have this old thermometer right above our thermostat. I trusted it with my life over what the thermostat said. 

Yesterday, to prove my wife wrong that it was not accurate, I bought a digital indoor-outdoor thermometer . 

To much my disappointment, it proved me wrong by being off at least 8 degrees or more. 

I concede. 

minusculebonker

She prolly sabotaged that shit cause she was tired of looking at it. Wimmins do shit like that, never surrender
(06-09-2022, 12:38 AM)Brotherman Wrote: She prolly sabotaged that shit cause she was tired of looking at it. Wimmins do shit like that, never surrender

You are mistaken. It's a really cool old thermometer that we found at an antique mall. I really like it and it will continue to hang on the wall- it just isn't accurate.

[Image: 8ig1ppc.jpg]
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(06-09-2022, 02:15 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 12:38 AM)Brotherman Wrote: She prolly sabotaged that shit cause she was tired of looking at it. Wimmins do shit like that, never surrender

You are mistaken. It's a really cool old thermometer that we found at an antique mall. I really like it and it will continue to hang on the wall- it just isn't accurate.

No retreat, no surrender (shakes fist and screams into the sky) ;D
(06-09-2022, 02:22 AM)Brotherman Wrote:

It's my fault. I let her see the new one. I could have kept this illusion going, now I will forever be freezing . 

I failed, take my man card now.
(06-09-2022, 02:59 AM)kdog Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 02:22 AM)Brotherman Wrote:

It's my fault. I let her see the new one. I could have kept this illusion going, now I will forever be freezing . 

I failed, take my man card now.
I won’t take the card but it’s definitely a 2 point offense
(06-09-2022, 12:25 AM)kdog Wrote: ...

minusculebonker

damn, bro - you're a glutton for punishment, ain't ya?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Exactly! I never concede defeat, no matter how wrong I am, because then you never hear the end of that shit, and it comes up in every disagreement you have for the rest of your natural life.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-09-2022, 02:15 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: You are mistaken. It's a really cool old thermometer that we found at an antique mall. I really like it and it will continue to hang on the wall- it just isn't accurate.

I rest my case.

Looks almost like mine. Except mine has been outside for over 20 years, so it is a lot more weathered. It is still very reliable.

I think I figured out how the weather stations get their "feels like" temps from. Yesterday it was burning up hot. The weather station was reporting temps of 88° with a feels like" 101°. I went outside on the porch, and my trusty weather station showed a temp of 88°. I didn't believe it for a minute. I moved my personal weather station from the porch to outside in the sun. The temp jumped up to 101° in short order. So now, I think I have figured out what those reports really mean.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-09-2022, 12:25 AM)kdog Wrote: I have this old thermometer right above our thermostat. I trusted it with my life over what the thermostat said. 

I concede. 

minusculebonker
Who did you think you were, Johnny Depp?

One does not simply win an argument with a woman.
(06-09-2022, 03:15 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

Exactly! I never concede defeat, no matter how wrong I am, because then you never hear the end of that shit, and it comes up in every disagreement you have  for the rest of your natural life.

I choose my battles carefully. 

Old thermometer says 70 degrees and she said it's getting chilly when the new one says 74. I have successfully conditioned my menopausal woman. I will soon regret these words.
(06-09-2022, 03:19 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Looks almost like mine. Except mine has been outside for over 20 years, so it is a lot more weathered. It is still very reliable.

I think I figured out how the weather stations get their "feels like" temps from. Yesterday it was burning up hot. The weather station was reporting temps of 88° with a feels like" 101°. I went outside on the porch, and my trusty weather station showed a temp of 88°. I didn't believe it for a minute. I moved my personal weather station from the porch to outside in the sun. The temp jumped up to 101° in short order.  So now, I think I have figured out what those reports really mean.

I think the "feels like" temperature is determined by factoring in humidity and/or wind speed in with the actual temperature. One of my old "Ranger handbooks" had a chart to calculate it that way, anyhow.

(06-09-2022, 03:55 AM)kdog Wrote:

Exactly! I never concede defeat, no matter how wrong I am, because then you never hear the end of that shit, and it comes up in every disagreement you have  for the rest of your natural life.

Old thermometer says 70 degrees and she said it's getting chilly when the new one says 74. I have successfully conditioned my menopausal woman. I will soon regret these words.

Yes, yes you will. for the love of God, please hide all the frying pans in the house!

And don't close both eyes when you go to sleep!

(06-09-2022, 05:11 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 03:55 AM)kdog Wrote:

Yes, yes you will. for the love of God, please hide all the frying pans in the house!

And don't close both eyes when you go to sleep!

And make sure you sleep face down, wimmins are evil and always go for the nuts first!
She punched me in the arm
(06-09-2022, 05:20 AM)kdog Wrote: She punched me in the arm

At least she didn’t have to “tell you twice”