Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A "Doorway" on Mars? Curiosity Rover Mastcam Image Sol 3466
Greetings fellow Rogues,

I've just stumbled across a rather.... "interesting" image, in the MARS Exploration (raw images) section of the official NASA dot gov website. (*I know... I KNOW!!)

It reminded me of the guy on ATS that we all used to laugh at, for seeing shapes in Moon/Mars "rocks" which inevitably spawned the hundred question debates....

Is there life on Mars?

Was there ever life on Mars?

Do you ever see out of place "things" in Mars images?

Aren't they "just rocks"?

Did we even send probes to Mars?

Are WE humans on Mars?

So, just for the jollies.... 
What does this look like to you, in Mars Curiosity Rover's Mastcam image Sol3466 from 7th Jun'22?

[Image: 3466MR1019650291602657C00_DXXX.jpg]

LINK to original raw image

I wonder what size that thing is??

Cheers,
minusculebeercheers
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(05-14-2022, 03:50 PM)gordi Wrote:

Cheers,
minusculebeercheers
G

Snopes -the really not-state-funded judicial ass-heads of the internet, display a quote they received via
email from a JPL spokesperson:
“The team’s scientists underlined just how small [the crevice] is: roughly 30 centimeters wide and
45 centimeters across (11 by 17 inches)”

So even though it looks like a door and indicates an interior, Mars inhabitants are bigger than that door
you see in the picture. I hope that clears-up any concerns that it is artificial. It is a door-shaped opening,
but nothing to be concerned about when realising nature doesn't make straight lines.
tinysure
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
It is kind of intriguing. I know that it’s small too, but maybe original Martian inhabitants were small too, who knows? I love stuff like this. I think there may have been life on Mars millions of years ago.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(05-14-2022, 06:41 PM)BIAD Wrote:

Cheers,
minusculebeercheers
G

Snopes -the really not-state-funded judicial ass-heads of the internet, display a quote they received via
“The team’s scientists underlined just how small [the crevice] is: roughly 30 centimeters wide and

So even though it looks like a door and indicates an interior, Mars inhabitants are bigger than that door
you see in the picture. I hope that clears-up any concerns that it is artificial. It is a door-shaped opening,
but nothing to be concerned about when realising nature doesn't make straight lines.
tinysure

Marvin the Martain was a little smaller than a rabbit. Just saying.
WHAT THE HELL !!
@"gordi" 
Awesome Find!  minusculegoodjob
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
do ppl still hold on to ideas of a civilization on mars?
(05-15-2022, 05:00 AM)Brotherman Wrote: do ppl still hold on to ideas of a civilization on mars?

Yes. You're the first one going through that door, brother. Already signed you up. minusculebeercheers 

I don't hold on to such ideas per say, but do wonder about the fate of Mars in the distant past whereby Mars may have been very similar to Earth.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

It honestly looks like the surface of the Death Star. It has a major crack in it, which must be repaired soon.

minusculebeercheers
- I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.
On a serious non trollish note, that entrance is pretty cool. If this is, in fact Mars.
- I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.
(05-14-2022, 06:41 PM)BIAD Wrote:

Cheers,
minusculebeercheers
G

tinysure

Do you recall the "Bigfoot statue on Mars" event? I do. it was circa 2009 or 2010, just before the Faltskog Hoax broke.

I was involved in it to a degree. It spawned all those "it's a rock!" memes.

It left me scratching my head. A lot of folks said it was just a shadow, not mineral at all. So I went and hunted down specialized software calibrated to the mastcams to analyze it. The software worked on the principle that the mastcam lenses were a certain distance apart, and took two images, one per lens. If you could find both images, left and right, it could create a 3D image, and use the parallax and pixel resolution of the cameras to calculate size and distance.

So I hunted down all the images with the "statue" in them after I got hold of the software. The name of the software was "Algorimancer", I still have a copy if anyone is interested.

The "bigfoot statue" (some called it the "little mermaid") turned out to be an actual projection of rock, curiously shaped, and not a "shadow".  It was, as I recall, about 5 meters from the mastcam, and around 3 inches tall, on the edge of a really tiny "cliff". Not really huge for a statue... unless the creators were really tiny, too.

So you say this doorway is only 11"x17"? Imagine that...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11432]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11433]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11434]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(05-15-2022, 07:43 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ....The "bigfoot statue" (some called it the "little mermaid") turned out to be an actual projection of rock, curiously shaped,
and not a "shadow".  It was, as I recall, about 5 meters from the mastcam, and around 3 inches tall, on the edge of a really
tiny "cliff". Not really huge for a statue... unless the creators were really tiny, too.

So you say this doorway is only 11"x17"? Imagine that...

I recall the controversy over the 'Mermaid' find and I never knew it was just a tiny outcrop!
Maybe it's a cultural-thing that we always assume 'aliens' to be within a range of a certain size and small creatures don't
have the brain capacity to create rectangular entrances. Again, another example of our conditioning.
minusculethinking
(05-15-2022, 08:07 AM)BIAD Wrote: I recall the controversy over the 'Mermaid' find and I never knew it was just a tiny outcrop!
Maybe it's a cultural-thing that we always assume 'aliens' to be within a range of a certain size and small creatures don't
have the brain capacity to create rectangular entrances. Again, another example of our conditioning.
minusculethinking

Aye, conditioning. Tiny bodies must have tiny brains, and tiny brains can't contain much horsepower.

Parrots and crows have tiny brains, too, yet they can talk to you in human speech.

Those tiny brains maximize the potential necessary for the organism's survival.

Or, as all of my wives have repeatedly told me - "It ain't what you got, it's how you use it!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted the images I created of the "statue" (3D, cross-eyed format) and stats over at TOS back in the day, but I can't be assed to hunt them down right now.

To a 3" tall organism, a 17" tall doorway would be like a 30 foot tall doorway to a 6' human, and I struggle to recall how big the doorways were to the funerary temple of Hatshepsut at Karnak...

It would be interesting to find the left and right versions of that image, just to see if a perfectly rectangular hole is really going back into that dirt bank... I note that is the right lens image, so the left lens image is what we need to look for, and this is the page where my search starts:

https://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw...d_sol=3466

ETA: NASA claim to have between 250 and 300 mastcam images for that sol, yet I can only access 50 of them. That sort of pisses me off, since it was MY tax money that paid to take the pictures... so it appears I may have to dust off some old hats and get to work!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(05-14-2022, 06:41 PM)BIAD Wrote: Snopes -the really not-state-funded judicial ass-heads of the internet, display a quote they received via

tinysure

hmmm.... nice!

Interesting factoid coming up...
The AVERAGE weight of all mammals in N.America is currently 16.8 pounds - roughly the size of a smallish dog like a Terrier or Spaniel - Maybe it's a dog-flap? ROFL
tinyhuh

Worrying factoid coming up...
The AVERAGE weight of all mammals in N.America USED TO BE 216 pounds! And we humans are getting the blame for this downsizing trend. *The average weight of all mammals seemed to hold fairly steady (according to the fossil record) for millions of years, until around 1.8 million years ago when our ancestors showed up and started hunting the big ones. The trend has accelerated and is still happening today, despite N.American humans getting larger!
tinyhuh
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(05-15-2022, 09:50 AM)gordi Wrote: hmmm.... nice!

Interesting factoid coming up...
The AVERAGE weight of all mammals in N.America is currently 16.8 pounds - roughly the size of a smallish dog like a Terrier
or Spaniel - Maybe it's a dog-flap? ROFL
tinyhuh

Worrying factoid coming up...
The AVERAGE weight of all mammals in N.America USED TO BE 216 pounds! And we humans are getting the blame for this downsizing trend. *The average weight of all mammals seemed to hold fairly steady (according to the fossil ord) for millions of years, until around 1.8 million years ago when our ancestors showed up and started hunting the big ones. The trend has accelerated and is still happening today, despite N.American humans getting larger!
tinyhuh
G

There is information about six-inch tall aliens visiting Earth!

Minnesota. October 23, 1965.

19-year-old James Townsend was driving on Minnesota State Highway 27 from Little Falls to Long Prairie.
The time was 7:15 P.M. Mr Townsend was a radio announcer and a devout Christian. During his trip, he noticed
something up ahead in the middle of the road, a giant rocket. Townsend recognised it as a rocket of that era.

Standing somewhere between thirty and forty feet (9.1 to 12.1 meters) and ten feet (3 meters) in diameter.
This rocket was standing/resting on what he described as “three legs or fins”. Jerry also stated that, as he drew
closer, his vehicle’s engine stalled and both the lights and radio went out.

Arriving at the notion that if he smashed into the rocket, his reward would be a piece of it as evidence, the young
man felt his faith wobble when he attempted to restart his car, it wouldn’t. Oddly enough, the bible-reading radio
jockey was not undeterred by his vehicle being inoperable and so got out of his car with the intention of pushing
over the weird spaceship.

Leaving his vehicle, Mr Townsend witnessed “tin cans on tripods” come out from behind the rocket. They stood at
about six inches (15 centimetres) in height. Totally mesmerised by what he was seeing, James Townsend described
the little machines has having three arms that were akin to matchsticks, walked with “legs” or “fins” and that he felt
like they were staring at him -although there's nothing in Townsend's report to suggest they had eyes.

Surveying each other for around three minutes, the tiny 'beer can'-shaped creatures eventually lost interest in the
man from Minnesota and entered their ship. Moments later, the rocket took off and James' car came back to life
again. Hurriedly, he raced to the Todd County Sheriff’s office and relayed what he had seen.

After giving his outlandish tale, the Sheriff took note of where this encounter had occurred and took a visit for himself.
The unnamed police officer later stated he found an oil-like substance where Townsend said the rocket had been,
but saw nothing else unusual.
tinyhuh

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11435]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)