Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
We Are Way Too Trusting And Very Very Gullible
I am guilty of frequently commenting on how trusting and gullible we are. Most people become annoyed when I say that, and will quickly declare, "Not Me!"

Almost everyday I find out something I always believed to be truth, is actually either a lie, or it is distorted truth. I try not to become cynical, but I do remain cautious.

There are many people that would die of thirst before drinking water from the tap, yet will spend money to purchase it from a bottle. Why? Because we believe what we want to believe. Trust when we should not. And turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to whatever we don't want to be true.

We are too trusting in what we drink.

Most people do not even know where the food they eat comes from, how it gets to us, or who is controlling the food supply.

We are also too trusting of the electronic devices that no one on the planet seems to not be able to do without.

So based on just a wee bit of this information. I do indeed believe that way too many of us are way too trusting and very, very, gullible.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

How dare you!! Not me!! The Harry Potter TikTok lady says that's misinfo. Off to the corner you go.

I agree with you. Seriously, the more I read into history the more I realize what I thought was true, basic facts is actually either totally false or horribly distorted. Most of us and I'll include myself because I obviously don't know everything are terribly socially engineered. Most people simply do not want to know the truth on a multitude of topics.

Back in circa 2005 when I was working on the R&D chips for smartphones I said these things are either going to propel humanity to the next level OR doom humanity...the nightmare albatross. Back in 2008 with FB/social media I thought it was going to be just another fad that would eventually die, I hoped. LOL. But, no the TPTB had to weaponize it.

Dark Water...
What’s Really in Your Bottled Water? (Consumer Reports)

“The only new thing in this world is the history you don’t know.”
— President Harry S. Truman

[Image: Ia6dAfG.jpg]

[Image: 7xoN5H0.jpg]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Quote:“We are fast approaching the stage of ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission.”

― Ayn Rand

I am afraid that we have arrived.

• minusculebeercheers 

(05-09-2022, 06:58 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
Quote:“We are fast approaching the stage of ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission.”

― Ayn Rand

I am afraid that we have arrived.

If not it is surely walking up the steps to knock on the door.
ALL OUR HEROES ARE WHORES

EXTERMINATE THE BRUTES

ACTION ALWAYS OUTWEIGHS WORDS

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY IS NECESSARY
I know a person, well educate, who told me I should not drink raw water.

Raw water?

I had never heard the term. He was referring to water from my tap. We have a well. I should not drink it. Because.... it's raw. 

We get it tested from time to time and it is fine. I think it tastes fine. And I drink it every day. I will let y'all know if it kills me.
(05-10-2022, 03:39 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: I know a person, well educate, who told me I should not drink raw water.

Raw water?

I had never heard the term. He was referring to water from my tap. We have a well. I should not drink it. Because.... it's raw. 

We get it tested from time to time and it is fine. I think it tastes fine. And I drink it every day. I will let y'all know if it kills me.

I live in the woods. When the county came out to test my well water, I was expecting to hear bad news, and something that was going to cost me a lot of money. Any contact with the county, usually, means reaching into your pocket. I was pleasantly surprised when he said that I had the purest water he has seen in decades. He also warned me it was not going to stay that way. He said the more folk that moved out this way, the more impact it would have on the quality of our water.

I am now looking a a brand new city, less than five miles from my home, with a projection of 444,000 new residents, including a city center and a mall. So I guess my clean raw water days will soon be coming to an end. Since I will probably be taxed out of the area anyway, I am not too worried. I am just trying to decide where to go when I get kicked out. Maybe to Mexico. There should be room for me there.

• minusculebeercheers 

(05-10-2022, 03:54 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I live in the woods. When the county came out to test my well water, I was expecting to hear bad news, and something that was going to cost me a lot of money. Any contact with the county, usually, means reaching into your pocket. I was pleasantly surprised when he said that I had the purest water he has seen in decades. He also warned me it was not going to stay that way. He said the more folk that moved out this way, the more impact it would have on the quality of our water.

I am now looking a a brand new city, less than five miles from my home, with a projection of 444,000 new residents, including a city center and a mall. So I guess my clean raw water days will soon be coming to an end. Since I will probably be taxed out of the area anyway, I am not too worried. I am just trying to decide where to go when I get kicked out. Maybe to Mexico. There should be room for me there.

If you go to Mexico, don't drink the water there, either - Montezuma's Revenge. Drink ONLY beer- "Otra cerveza por favor". Temper it if you must with coffee, because the water for coffee is boiled, but rely mainly on beer. You'll be glad you did!

And yes, I am highly "socially engineered", and I realize that. The problem with me, however, is that the "wrong" side got to me first for the engineering, before the Marxists did, and that is problematic and makes me appear to be a contrarian in the modern world.

I didn't appear to be so radically contrarian 40 years ago to the casual observer... and the sad part is I've not changed at all. The entire world around me has, which has radically changed perceptions, and perceptions only.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(05-10-2022, 03:54 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 03:39 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: I know a person, well educate, who told me I should not drink raw water.

Raw water?

I live in the woods. When the county came out to test my well water, I was expecting to hear bad news, and something that was going to cost me a lot of money. Any contact with the county, usually, means reaching into your pocket. I was pleasantly surprised when he said that I had the purest water he has seen in decades. He also warned me it was not going to stay that way. He said the more folk that moved out this way, the more impact it would have on the quality of our water.

Sorry to hear about your new neighbors. 

That many people moving in that close to me would force me to move also.
(05-09-2022, 06:06 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I am guilty of frequently commenting on how trusting and gullible we are. Most people become annoyed when I say that, and will quickly declare, "Not Me!"

Almost everyday I find out something I always believed to be truth, is actually either a lie, or it is distorted truth. I try not to become cynical, but I do remain cautious.

There are many people that would die of thirst before drinking water from the tap, yet will spend money to purchase it from a bottle. Why? Because we believe what we want to believe. Trust when we should not. And turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to whatever we don't want to be true.

We are too trusting in what we drink.

Most people do not even know where the food they eat comes from, how it gets to us, or who is controlling the food supply.

We are also too trusting of the electronic devices that no one on the planet seems to not be able to do without.

So based on just a wee bit of this information. I do indeed believe that way too many of us are way too trusting and very, very, gullible.

I’m light years ahead of, I’m too cynical to be insightful. Someone says to me the dangers of tap water versus bottled water I’d look them in the eye and ask them what they think of the bottle of whiskey in my hand?
We are on public water here. Hard to trust it because there are lots of boil advisories in the area.
So, we boil it anyway.
Last place I lived had a well. The quality wasn't too bad. 

The main thing to keep in mind, buying or consuming anything of this earth, is if it is being sold to you someone wants to make a profit, and chances are that is the only thing they give a damn about. That's why they put cheapening fillers, preservatives, strange substances in the water etc etc. It's all about money, never quality. You put their garbage in your body, they get rich off of it.
That twinkie don't sound so good now does it? Haha  minusculebeercheers