Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Frustrations
So yesterday we buried my sister's ashes. We all were wondering where to eat afterward. We decided we would go to a park in town by the river. My brother and I and our wives went and got Eberts and Gerbert's subs. The cost for subs for all of us was $45 (used to be around $28). My sister and her family decided on KFC, and they paid $35 (which used to be around $20) a bucket and they bought two buckets. I guess what I am trying to say here is when is this inflation crap going to stop?

I get it that the Avian bird flu isn't helping the chicken cost much but this is ridiculous. Inflation on top of fuel cost. Diesel fuel at $5.25 a gallon. Government spending is out of control. The market is starting to tank so now losing $1000s there. So there is that. Something has to come to a head or we are all fucked.

I honestly think that Washington has no clue of what is going on out here in the real world. Maybe it's time we take whatever they get for perks and make them live as us normal folks do. That would be a start. 

Just getting frustrated with the whole mess and felt maybe if I wrote it down it might help. Just my 2 cents ( that is about all I'm going to have left to my name when this is all said and done.)
WHAT THE HELL !!
(05-08-2022, 02:03 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote:  I guess what I am trying to say here is when is this inflation crap going to stop?

I think the plan is that it will end when we are either dead, transhumanized, willing, cooperative slaves, or living off planet.

There is a bright side. We don't need as much as most of us eat. Most all people can survive living off what is grown, produced, and bartered for locally.

The Amish have done this for centuries, and I find it interesting that some of them are leaving the States and starting from scratch in other countries with almost nothing.

We are conditioned, spoiled, and deceived.
Some are going to have a very rude awakening, and it is going to be a brutal learning curve.

Family and community are the key.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(05-08-2022, 09:46 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 02:03 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote:  I guess what I am trying to say here is when is this inflation crap going to stop?

I think the plan is that it will end when we are either dead, transhumanized, willing, cooperative slaves, or living off planet.

There is a bright side. We don't need as much as most of us eat. Most all people can survive living off what is grown, produced, and bartered for locally.

The Amish have done this for centuries, and I find it interesting that some of them are leaving the States and starting from scratch in other countries with almost nothing.

Some are going to have a very rude awakening, and it is going to be a brutal learning curve.

I am a survivor. I have lived on the streets and in many states. I have worked hard for what I have as I am sure others have also. I am getting old though and don't want to see the light at the end of the tunnel flicker out and be left with nothing.
WHAT THE HELL !!
(05-08-2022, 10:16 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: I am a survivor. I have lived on the streets and in many states. I have worked hard for what I have as I am sure others have also. I am getting old though and don't want to see the light at the end of the tunnel flicker out and be left with nothing.

I am no spring chicken, and I too pray that this cup passes from my lips, but if it is something I will have to endure, I hope that I do so with strength, determination, a bit of class, and that I will be able to either bring something to the table, or provide a service.

If not, I am sure I will take the long walk, before I take one crumb from a starving child.

• minusculebeercheers 

First off, sorry for the loss of your sister. 

I feel your pain. We hardly ever go out to eat or get some fast food. We just cook at home, nothing fancy.  

Yeah, watching my annuity declining sucks, but at least I still have my pension, which is enough to live comfortable, although I had to give up smoking because it was costing to much.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(05-08-2022, 10:49 PM)kdog Wrote: First off, sorry for the loss of your sister. 

I feel your pain. We hardly ever go out to eat or get some fast food. We just cook at home, nothing fancy.  

Yeah, watching my annuity declining sucks, but at least I still have my pension, which is enough to live comfortable, although I had to give up smoking because it was costing to much.

@Tarzan the apeman. I too share your pain. Losing is a sibling is not anything anyone can prepare you for.

Losing a loved one is painful. You think you can handle dealing with the lost of parents, grandparents, even friends, but there is a hole that is left behind when you lose a sibling that just can't be explained.

I am the oldest. I pray that I leave this Earthly plain before any of my other siblings. I know that sounds extremely selfish, but there were ten of us. Now there is nine. When it goes down to eight, I don't want to be here to deal with it.

I think of my Brother daily. I still laugh with him and cry with him. We were extremely close. We still are.

@Tarzan the apeman praying for you and your Sister.

• minusculebeercheers 

@"Tarzan the apeman." I’m so sorry for your loss. 

I agree with you on the inflation thing. Going grocery shopping now is such a bad experience. The price of food is ridiculous. I don’t buy meat anymore, because it’s just not in my budget. And driving? Forget it. I seldom go anywhere unless it’s to the store to shop once a week. With the gas prices the way they are, anything more is not in my budget either.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
@"Tarzan the apeman." - Sorry for your loss. I hear ya on the inflation. Damn, WTF?! Between food & diesel is really pissing off my wallet. Going to force a lot of people to change their way of life.

The annual inflation rate in the US accelerated to 8.5% in March of 2022, the highest since December of 1981 from 7.9% in February and compared with market forecasts of 8.4%.

[Image: 31rUYCt.jpg]
United States Inflation Rate

Anyone remember what is was like back in 1981-82? I was way too young to know.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Hopefully after this life there is something better, either way it is the next step of this existence. As long as someone remains in our memories they still exist IMO. As we age an so many friends pass it sucks but that is just the way it is. Peace..

A friend (David) just came back from the states.. Paid 165$ for a one day rent a car. Home prices are out of sight for many many people, food is 50% more and half the amount. He does not plan on going back unless he has to. He does have a large R.V. that he lives in when he is in the states so at least there is that..

I think it was 4 years ago the last time I went to the states and was pissed at all the rip off stuff I encountered. Golf was great and cheap and my friends were great to see but I have a "THANG" about feeling like I am getting ripped off. I figure if I went back to the states now I would vapor lock !

Without stealing the next election hopefully things will change for the better or there may be blood and flames in a not to distant future.
(05-08-2022, 09:46 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

There is an Amish movement out of the U.S.? I was unaware of this.

Can you elaborate, like what are the other countries they are going to. A link perhaps?

Thanks for the info, I'll be following this one up.
(05-09-2022, 01:43 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: There is an Amish movement out of the U.S.? I was unaware of this.

Can you elaborate, like what are the other countries they are going to. A link perhaps?

Thanks for the info, I'll be following this one up.

MSB, I misspoke. I said the Amish, when I meant the Mennonites.

I had a Mennonite neighbor that I loved dearly. They are very genuine people and when they accepted me as family, they were very sincere in their actions.

They kept telling me that God was calling us to get thee out of her. He moved his family to a community in Costa Rica.

There are other communities being developed in other countries. Belize is just one. I will try to find the documentary that speaks to this move for you.

• minusculebeercheers 

There is an Amish community in Bolivia, and Argentina.
Canada also has around 21 Amish communities.
In some places the Amish and the Mennonites are working together.

Quote:Thanks to the outreach of Mennonite communities in Bolivia and Argentina, we will likely see the number of Amish in the New World continue to grow as it has done for over 300 years. 2016 will go down as being a unique one in Amish history, as it was during this year that the North American community marked its first major migration since European Amish arrived in North America hundreds of years ago.

https://www.amishfurniturefactory.com/am...ed-states/

• minusculebeercheers