Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Veterans Administration sent me a letter
The VA sent me a letter recently asking me to volunteer my blood so they could test my DNA. It appears they sent this letter to pretty much every veteran. The letter went on and on as far as how it would be so wonderful to have DNA from all these service members. The letter was quite vague as to what they would do with this information. Did they offer anything in return? Nope, big fat 0 there. The letter also stated that there was no guarantee that maybe my blood might wind up somewhere else, in the hands of who knows who. 

I did a head palm after reading the letter. I could feel my blood pressure going up, so I decided to have a large glass of wine to ponder this. I haven’t had very good luck at all with the VA, and swore I would never give them anything at all. I don’t trust them, and I think they just suck. I won’t give a DNA sample to any of those ancestry sites, so why would I give a DNA sample to the fucking VA? 

I’ve been part of a covid study called the covid cohort. I filled out several surveys since the middle of 2020, gave them blood samples they tested for covid antibodies and that. I received cash, gift cards, etc. They even were able to test my blood recently and let me know that the vaccines I had produced antibodies, and they did another test on the blood that indicated I had no covid antibodies, meaning it appears I haven’t had covid yet, but the vaccines I had are doing what they need to do. I’m happy to be part of this study.

So anyway, the VA letter gave me an option to tell them I did not want to give them a DNA sample. I mailed it out a couple of weeks ago. Fuck the VA. I wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire. 

I’m sorry if my post offends anyone using the VA’s services. The VA treated both my husband and me like shit. I’m loathe to give them another chance.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
I used to be one of the first to give a helping hand but now I do not feel like lifting a finger to assist any of the despots.
I’d hook them up with a bag of my shit with the letter originally sent to me stapled to the box and a note of my own saying, “hope this helps, sorry it wasn’t a sperm sample but I was too lazy to yank one out for Uncle Sam.”
I’d take the box of shit and drop it off on the front desk.
No, No, No, nothing to the VA.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(05-04-2022, 08:02 AM)guohua Wrote: No, No, No, nothing to the VA.

The only thing the va ever sends me are bills, cocksuckers  tinyok
I had to drop the VA for much the same reason. They went from good, to fair, to the bottom of the barrel.

I don't trust them. They have not sent me my letter yet. I am sure it is coming. They keep sending me letters asking me to come in and get the vaccine, or to bring them information on where I got my vaccine outside the VA, which to me is quite odd, because if you look at my chart, it is labeled, "Do Not Administer Vaccines Of Any Kind".

They are even offering it to all the members of my household, free of charge.

I have not had the vaccine. I will not be getting the vaccine. 

I have not had the virus. I have taken care of friends and family members that did have the virus, and did not get so much as a sniffle.

I will not be providing them with a blood sample for their DNA data base. Just like I refused to give the lab a sample of my DNA to place on file at my job.

My job tried to make the argument that it would save time, just in case I accidentally contaminated a specimen, it would immediately weed out my DNA from the unknown suspect list.

I could go into two pages of why what they are selling is pure BS, but let me just say, if they really want your DNA, there are a thousand and one ways they can get it. They just have to work a little bit to get it, if you don't freely hand it over to them.

The technology is just growing in leaps and bounds. I saw this machine in action. It is so amazing, it is scary.

https://www.m-vac.com/

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

That's a weird one. I haven't received anything from the VA regarding
a DNA sample. All I've gotten are my usual appointment reminders and
exam summaries a few times a year.
Not sure when you were in but were they doing DNA cheek swabs on you?
I was shuffled off for the swab on day 2 of getting to my first base. But, supposedly,
that was for forensic ID purposes. Not sure if the VA has access to that data bank
Something sounds off about their reasoning. If I'm reading your summary right, it's
really just to have a collection. Which in my mind says law enforcement data base, etc.
Sounds like you did the right thing by turning them down. Especially in light of their
not guaranteeing where it might end up.
[Image: Cheshire-Cat-Wallpaper.jpg]

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar
I think I found something on your letter.
It's called the "Million Veteran Project" (MVP).
Here's the link for the general info page. It's the second section under "New, Ongoing and Published Research.

VA Genomics Page

And here is the specific MVP page:

MVP Specifics Page

Neither is terribly informative.
Basically, it looks like the garden variety "How do your genetics effect your health?" study.
The government being the government, I'll pass if the ask me. Lord knows they're professionals at
betraying trust.

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar
[Image: b2e0346accfc5d4a329bfb1d4d91b3563e95fb1a...35a4_1.jpg]
Full Disclosure: I joke about the institution and the bureaucracy. I have meet many good folks working there. Still wouldn't give them my DNA without a justification.
I got one of those letters last year. I ignored it. The VA is the largest gov't agency (bigger than DHS) and given the monstorous bureaucratic bloat & mis-management we have witnessed the past several years I don't trust any of them.

I think they are eventually going to turn the whole damn healthcare system into military medicine, especially for those poor souls who can't afford healthcare. I mean just look at Biden-Harris HARPA, modeled after DARPA!

HARPA, for all its tech wizardry is still what Lenin called Bourgeoise Reformism. HARPA is the Holy Grail of massive, ubiquitous surveillance seen by Technocrats as necessary to control society according to their science of social engineering. Something along those lines.

Checkout their Blueprint. The HARPA database that they are trying to put in place right now to collect ALL our biological & personal info to stop Covid and cure dieseases which in reality is likely to become the largest AI surveillance program in the history of mankind.

"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(05-04-2022, 05:44 AM)ChiefD Wrote: The VA sent me a letter recently asking me to volunteer my blood so they could test my DNA. It appears they sent this letter to pretty much every veteran. The letter went on and on as far as how it would be so wonderful to have DNA from all these service members. The letter was quite vague as to what they would do with this information. Did they offer anything in return? Nope, big fat 0 there. The letter also stated that there was no guarantee that maybe my blood might wind up somewhere else, in the hands of who knows who. 

I did a head palm after reading the letter. I could feel my blood pressure going up, so I decided to have a large glass of wine to ponder this. I haven’t had very good luck at all with the VA, and swore I would never give them anything at all. I don’t trust them, and I think they just suck. I won’t give a DNA sample to any of those ancestry sites, so why would I give a DNA sample to the fucking VA? 

I’ve been part of a covid study called the covid cohort. I filled out several surveys since the middle of 2020, gave them blood samples they tested for covid antibodies and that. I received cash, gift cards, etc. They even were able to test my blood recently and let me know that the vaccines I had produced antibodies, and they did another test on the blood that indicated I had no covid antibodies, meaning it appears I haven’t had covid yet, but the vaccines I had are doing what they need to do. I’m happy to be part of this study.

So anyway, the VA letter gave me an option to tell them I did not want to give them a DNA sample. I mailed it out a couple of weeks ago. Fuck the VA. I wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire. 

I’m sorry if my post offends anyone using the VA’s services. The VA treated both my husband and me like shit. I’m loathe to give them another chance.

Fuck the VA.

tinysure
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(05-04-2022, 02:37 PM)Wizzz Wrote: I think I found something on your letter.
Here's the link for the general info page. It's the second section under "New, Ongoing and Published Research.

VA Genomics Page

MVP Specifics Page

Basically, it looks like the garden variety "How do your genetics effect your health?" study.
The government being the government, I'll pass if the ask me. Lord knows they're professionals at
betraying trust.

Yes, that’s it the Million Veteran Project. I just don’t trust the VA. All that information in the wrong hands would be the worst shitstorm. 

I was active duty Navy 1982-1990, and in the Navy Reserves 1996-2008. God knows they got enough damn blood from me that they should have all kinds of DNA.
(05-05-2022, 04:53 AM)ChiefD Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 02:37 PM)Wizzz Wrote: I think I found something on your letter.

VA Genomics Page

MVP Specifics Page

betraying trust.

Yes, that’s it the Million Veteran Project. I just don’t trust the VA. All that information in the wrong hands would be the worst shitstorm. 

I was active duty Navy 1982-1990, and in the Navy Reserves 1996-2008. God knows they got enough damn blood from me that they should have all kinds of DNA.

Hey Chief,
I absolutely agree. In my mind, I keep thinking of the data getting hacked but I have no idea what a hacker would do with
DNA mapping info.The hack on the OPM back in 2015 or so comes to mind. Tons of info including security clearance data stolen
& fingerprints. But, honestly, after thinking about it I suspect that the bigger risk is what our own gov't will do with all that info.

I was active Air Force 97-02 and then reserves 02-08.  Blood work and "random" pee tests were a fact of life. Although all those vaccines
were no treat. LMFAO!

Upshot: They definitely do NOT need our genetic info. 
Good post, my friend.  Really good.

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar
Today I got a second letter from the Million Veteran Project (MVP). Exact same letter with a survey enclosed, brochure. I was like WTF! I mailed them back from the original letter saying I did not wish to participate. So I couldn’t figure out why the hell I got another letter. So I called the toll free number. 

I wasn’t on hold long and got a nice lady who I told that I already told them I did not wish to participate. She looked my name up and acknowledged that they were in receipt of it. She then said she would put me on the “opt out” list. I guess I thought they did that initially. I mean, what part of “I do not want to participate” did they not understand the first time? 

If they send me another letter, I’m gonna shred everything, mail it back to them in a large envelope. Maybe then they’ll get the message. Geez, I hate the VA!