Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congress just authorized Biden to transfer virtually any weapon of war
Congress just authorized Biden to transfer virtually any weapon of war, other than a nuclear weapon, to Ukraine. ?‍ tinywhat

This bill temporarily waives certain requirements related to the President's authority to lend or lease defense articles if the defense articles are intended for Ukraine's government or the governments of other Eastern European countries affected by Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

[Image: FqEsaCz.jpg]
H.Res 1065

1065 bill is attached to S.3522 - Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022

This bill temporarily waives certain requirements related to the President's authority to lend or lease defense articles if the defense articles are intended for Ukraine's government and necessary to protect civilians in Ukraine from Russian military invasion.

Quote:(3) DEFENSE ARTICLE.—The term “defense article”—

(A) has the meaning given that term in section 644 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 (22 U.S.C. 2403); and

(B) includes United States cyber capabilities and assets.
H.R.6753 - Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022

Section 644 states:

[Image: OfdGW8b.jpg]

Arms dealin bonanza. Insane in da Ukraine. What could go wrong. tinyok

[Image: lA9Gi5R.png]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

PITA POV: It's a waste of time from a warfighting standpoint. That ship has sailed. Unless this is nothing more than cover for what they have been doing for years already. 

What's more interesting are all the NATO nations transferring their old Soviet built stock (e.g. 100 T-72's from Poland) in order to make room for shiny new stuff from the US or elsewhere.  

Who wouldn't want a newer Leopard (I or II) in exchange for some old T-XX? 

Amazing how the EU is at the end of their tether when it comes to paying for fuel for their population, but got plenty of bucks for weapon systems.