Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
@#$%&!
The only thing you can say when you are out watering your fruit trees on a beautiful sunny Easter afternoon, breathing in the beautiful country air, and you suddenly feel a burning sensation spreading up your leg. You look down and see what reminds you of a scene in the movie World War Z.

So what do my neighbors get for an Easter greeting as they drive past my house?

An old lady, running around, stripping, screaming, and washing herself down with a water hose. Oh BIAD, where art thou?

[Image: Fire-ants.jpg]

[Image: fire-ant-mound.jpg]

I know these damn things have to be demons from Hell!

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(04-17-2022, 09:10 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: The only thing you can say when you are out watering your fruit trees on a beautiful sunny Easter afternoon, breathing in the beautiful country air, and you suddenly feel a burning sensation spreading up your leg. You look down and see what reminds you of a scene in the movie World War Z.

An old lady, running around, stripping, screaming, and washing herself down with a water hose. Oh BIAD, where art thou?

OMG!
I am sorry you are hurt.
My husband says, He hopes your neighbors have a good quality cell phone camera, you should be on YT soon.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-17-2022, 09:18 PM)guohua Wrote: OMG!
I am sorry you are hurt.
My husband says, He hopes your neighbors have a good quality cell phone camera, you should be on YT soon.

Oh, the best is yet to come.

These little lovelies will come to visit in a day or two.

[Image: fire-ant-bite.jpg]

• minusculebeercheers 

(04-17-2022, 09:10 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: The only thing you can say when you are out watering your fruit trees on a beautiful sunny Easter afternoon, breathing in the beautiful country air, and you suddenly feel a burning sensation spreading up your leg. You look down and see what reminds you of a scene in the movie World War Z.

Lived on an old farm that also had a mink farm across the road (combination) when I was a kid for a couple of years. Remember the little demons well. Also, remember opening a mink box attached to the cage and the whole thing was full of bees. Good times. smallgreenbananadancer
WHAT THE HELL !!
(04-17-2022, 09:34 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: Lived on an old farm that also had a mink farm across the road (combination) when I was a kid for a couple of years. Remember the little demons well. Also, remember opening a mink box attached to the cage and the whole thing was full of bees. Good times. smallgreenbananadancer

My Brother has bees. I have a lot of respect for those little fellows.

It is amazing how sometimes I can walk outside and the sound of them gathering nectar from my trees in blossom, is deafening. Yet I can walk under the canopy of the trees where there are thousands of them flying around my head, and the don't pay me attention. Same thing when walking amid the fields abloom in Florida snow, in the winter. They are all around my feet, and they completely ignore me.

• minusculebeercheers 

I'm sorry you have those nasty bites.
The best remedy I know of.
Wash the area with soap and water then apply an antiseptic spray if you have it.
Or better yet is to apply a soothing ointment, like a hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion.

I use an ice cube and then Kampuchia mold I grow for Herbal Kampuchia.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Had that happen to me once when I was a kid. My dad and uncle were clearing an old logging road going up to a piece of property I owned (grandparents gave me the first 17 acres for a dollar, and we bought the adjoining 17 acres to make one full 34 acre plot), and being a kid, I found an ant nest that looked dead, and stomped right in the middle of it, on purpose, 50 yards down the road, I was suddenly on fire - the little bastards took exception to my childish antics, and tracked my ass down to attack.

so my young ass got stripped down right there in the middle of the woods as they were brushing hordes of invaders off of me. Thousands of the little buggers.

I've got two sizeable ant hills here in the yard right now, I occasionally gaze at them and think, right out loud, "what y'all need is a lot of diazenon in your lives."

I feel your pain - literally.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Ooooouch! Reminds me when I was a kid living in Texas which I was always running around barefoot and would get nailed by these lil red bastards.

I'd have railroad tracks on the tops of my feet. Dad had a homemade flame thrower which provided a great feeling of vengeance.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" 

I feel your pain! I have permanent scars from those nasty little bastards all over my arms and legs!

One of the best things about moving out of the deep south was leaving them behind!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
We have those red ants by our fire pit.  For some reason they have made a nest below the plate of steel under the fire  which is being held up by cement blocks and the fire does not kill ants under there...which is really strange.  They come out and sit on the cement on side the fire pit when we have a campfire...I think they may have little bottles of scotch that they drink while watching it.  They like to go clean up the leftover seered bits of food after we are done grilling on the stainless steel grate too.  They are replaced by black ants later on in the later summer, I think they come out of hibernation at different times.

Meanwhile, those aunts never seem to attack us when we are out doing stuff in the yard, and there are thousands of them in different locations in the yard.  When we go picking berries in other places, they attack us, but the ones living here seem to be pretty low tempered...so far...knock on wood.  But the sandflies and noseeums are terrible for biting us when they are out. 

We did not have any dragon flies here till I brought one home from near a stream we were fishing at.  It liked flying around eating all the bugs, and must have flown back to the stream and got it's friends.  It got into my van when we were fishing and I could not find it until it flew out at home when we got home.  Evidently it liked it here and went back to get it's buddies because all of a sudden there were about thirty of them flying around.  It disappeared along with it's friends about three years ago and the little biting flying bugs are back again...how I miss that guy and his friends.

Dragon flies sure take a chunk out of you when they bite, I used to think it was cute when they landed on you, but they can grab a chunk of your skin the size of a piece of rice out of the back of your hand...and boy does it bleed.  I learned to respect dragon flies that day back around forty seven years ago.  They are really impressive looking when you are looking them in the eyes when they are on your hand...but just like a women, the most beautiful ones are the deadliest to guys.  I prefered to avoid going out with the beautiful women.  I had some of the cutest girls as friends when I was a teen and in my twenties, but usually we were just friends, I think I was afraid of getting attached to them.  Dragon flies are the same thing, be cautious of things that are beautiful.
(04-17-2022, 09:46 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-17-2022, 09:34 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: Lived on an old farm that also had a mink farm across the road (combination) when I was a kid for a couple of years. Remember the little demons well. Also, remember opening a mink box attached to the cage and the whole thing was full of bees. Good times. smallgreenbananadancer

My Brother has bees. I have a lot of respect for those little fellows.

It is amazing how sometimes I can walk outside and the sound of them gathering nectar from my trees in blossom, is deafening. Yet I can walk under the canopy of the trees where there are thousands of them flying around my head, and the don't pay me attention. Same thing when walking amid the fields abloom in Florida snow, in the winter. They are all around my feet, and they completely ignore me.

I don't have anything against bees. Just wish they weren't so hot-headed. I got stung 36 times that day. My sister was stung 27 times and my cousin 42. Those bees were pissed.
WHAT THE HELL !!
Five big juicy spots have popped up so far, but I see a few spots that have not come into their own yet. They got both feet and both legs. They made it halfway up the calves.

Those demons may be little but they are fast and mean as ....... They are just mean!

• minusculebeercheers