Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
South Carolina Firing Squad
My good ol' home state of South Carolina has given death row inmates the choice of the electric chair or firing squad. 

There is a man scheduled to be executed soon and he chose the firing squad. To me, I think that's a wise choice. 

Quote:A South Carolina prisoner scheduled to be the first man executed in the state in more than a decade has decided to die by firing squad rather than in the electric chair later this month, according to court documents filed Friday.

Richard Moore, 57, is the also first state prisoner to face the choice of execution methods after a law went into effect last year making electrocution the default but giving inmates the option to face three prison workers with rifles instead.
Moore has spent more than two decades on death row after being convicted of the 1999 killing of convenience store clerk James Mahoney in Spartanburg. If executed as scheduled on April 29, he would be the first person put to death in the state since 2011.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/richard-moo...execution/
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Will they be live streaming it? I'm sure that will be coming next.

I believe the last firing squad execution was Ronnie Lee Gardner in 2010, a Mormon in Utah.

I'd prefer to die of old age, your honor, but if that ain't possible, I'll take the firing squad.
— Ronnie Lee Gardner, 1985

I like the firing squad. It's so much easier ... and there's no mistakes.
— Ronnie Lee Gardner, 1996

Just after midnight on June 18, 2010, Gardner's friends and family gathered outside the prison at a candlelight vigil while playing "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(04-15-2022, 09:12 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Will they be live streaming it? I'm sure that will be coming next.

I believe the last firing squad execution was Ronnie Lee Gardner in 2010, a Mormon in Utah.

I'd prefer to die of old age, your honor, but if that ain't possible, I'll take the firing squad.

Just after midnight on June 18, 2010, Gardner's friends and family gathered outside the prison at a candlelight vigil while playing "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Maybe pay per view ?
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(04-15-2022, 09:26 PM)kdog Wrote:
(04-15-2022, 09:12 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Will they be live streaming it? I'm sure that will be coming next.

Maybe pay per view ?

THAT is the one time I would buy a TV and pay to watch!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-15-2022, 08:39 PM)kdog Wrote: My good ol' home state of South Carolina has given death row inmates the choice of the electric chair or firing squad. 

There is a man scheduled to be executed soon and he chose the firing squad. To me, I think that's a wise choice. 

Quote:A South Carolina prisoner scheduled to be the first man executed in the state in more than a decade has decided to die by firing squad rather than in the electric chair later this month, according to court documents filed Friday.

Richard Moore, 57, is the also first state prisoner to face the choice of execution methods after a law went into effect last year making electrocution the default but giving inmates the option to face three prison workers with rifles instead.
Moore has spent more than two decades on death row after being convicted of the 1999 killing of convenience store clerk James Mahoney in Spartanburg. If executed as scheduled on April 29, he would be the first person put to death in the state since 2011.

What's disgusting is that they are on "death row" for 20 plus years.

Have a trial.

Hell, even have an appeal process.

Then after all of that, take them out back, put a bullet through the brain and "boom" no more criminal.

If we did this for every damned asshole who committed a crime with a firearm, there'd be less gun crimes.

tinyok
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(04-15-2022, 11:18 PM)beez Wrote:
(04-15-2022, 08:39 PM)kdog Wrote: My good ol' home state of South Carolina has given death row inmates the choice of the electric chair or firing squad. 

Have a trial.

Then after all of that, take them out back, put a bullet through the brain and "boom" no more criminal.

If we did this for every damned asshole who committed a crime with a firearm, there'd be less gun crimes.

tinyok

While I agree with everything you said I have noticed for myself a distinct loss of faith in those who claim a crime has been done or who sets in judgement and dishes out punishment. FBI is only one example of a faith gone down the drain
(04-16-2022, 12:07 AM)727Sky Wrote:

Have a trial.

tinyok

While I agree with everything you said I have noticed for myself a distinct loss of faith in those who claim a crime has been done or who sets in judgement and dishes out punishment. FBI is only one example of a faith gone down the drain

Justice needs to be local, fair, equal and quick.

Federal "justice" is neither fair, or quick.

It's just like anything else the federal government touches, it turns to shit!
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(04-16-2022, 12:13 AM)beez Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 12:07 AM)727Sky Wrote:

Have a trial.

tinyok

Justice needs to be local, fair, equal and quick.

Federal "justice" is neither fair, or quick.

It's just like anything else the federal government touches, it turns to shit!
minusculebeercheers