Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some very old stinky foot prints !
This is just the latest find that seems to be accepted as being genuine as far as ancestors residing upon the north American continent. I grew up with the consensus that the Bering Land bridge was the route to America which happened only 13 to 16,000 years ago. Since then there have been other theories and finds that say that people came to the Americas much much earlier either by walking or by boat.... they came 21,000 to 23,000 years ago.

You're Damn Right humans were here and I think they came by boat.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-10-2022, 01:42 AM)guohua Wrote: You're Damn Right humans were here and I think they came by boat.

Yep not hard to imagine sea food lovers building bigger and better boats as they hugged the coast fishing for their supper. Times pass and they fish farther south then the next thing you know they see mega fauna upon the shores and decide to have a steak instead !
(04-10-2022, 01:11 AM)727Sky Wrote: This is just the latest find that seems to be accepted as being genuine as far as ancestors residing upon the north American continent. I grew up with the consensus that the Bering Land bridge was the route to America which happened only 13 to 16,000 years ago. Since then there have been other theories and finds that say that people came to the Americas much much earlier either by walking or by boat.... they came 21,000 to 23,000 years ago.

Wife and I were there last summer and in the museum/ gift shop  they had that on display of the sloth and human tracks. Very interesting place. They even rent sleds to cruise down the dunes .
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Cool pic I took in the center of that courtyard area at the museum where younger guy in the video was talking:

[Image: 8buEH6z.jpg]
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
In North America, Meadowcroft Rock Shelter has an occupation layer that has been dated at, I believe, 19000 years old, Cactus Hill in Virginia has been dated to between 17000 and 18000 years old, there is a mastodon butchery by humans just across the mountain from me, in Saltville VA, that was dated to 14500 years old, and Daugherty's Cave, about 3 miles from where I was raised, is at least 11000 years old.

So, yeah, the old "Clovis First" hypothesis has been blown out of the water.

In a site about 100 yards off of Route 19 in Russell County, VA, near Rosedale, paleo points were found, but never have been dated as far as I know. It was an open air campsite, apparently.

In South America, even older sites have been found - one in Chile dated to between 30000 and 33000 years old, and one in Brazil that is alleged to be around 40000 years old.

On the east coast of VA, and just off the coast, paleo points have been found that are startlingly similar to European Solutrean points, and that has raised an entirely new hypothesis called the "Solutrean hypothesis" that postulates that humans came to America from Europe by hugging the edges of the ice sheets in the quest for seals, and ended up here in America. If it's possible they could have hugged ice sheets in the east, I see no reason they could not have done the same in the west, so no need to wait for a Bering Strait Land Bridge to open up and become ice free before they came.

People have been here a long time, much longer than science currently realizes.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

The Cham people
Once they came up with the out of Africa theory, they do more research out that way to fit their beliefs.  In reality, Humans could have started anywhere...most likely in South America in my thoughts because there is some pretty old evidence there on the mountains, but nothing has actually been carbon dated yet.

We could have had many advanced hominid civilizations already, advanced does not only mean technologically advanced either.  And of course, are these supposedly alien ships flying around actually aliens at all....there could be an advanced society of humans on this earth and if they can build these crafts, why couldn't they cloak their communities.  We are just getting to a point where we can hide things from being detected, what if a civilization somewhere had just five hundred years without wars to develop some technology we cannot even yet comprehend?

On top of that do we really exist in this reality, or is some kind of training computer simulation from a civilization a hundred or more years in the future.  A history lesson that is being taught by integrating the young to a virtual reality far above what we can fathom so they can experience the mistakes societies made in the past.  A program so complex that we can feel pain and compassion....at least the ones actually real can feel compassion, the people generated by the computer program might not.  from the inside of a program we cannot know what is going on outside.  Also, there is no way in hell that from our location in the Universe that we can reasonably know how the universe was formed.

Gone a little off track with this post, but remember, the footprint.  I got my foot in the door. tinydrroling